Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    What.... is that a burn or a zing?

Remove the safe zones and i wont bitch if they put in perma death.

see what i did there?

I can agree with you on that Big, I have no issue with that..it sucks. but its part of the game.
    Its part of the risk I take hording resources..and having to protect them,

Personally, I'd like to see the area around the lake be where tribes can build in safety, but with lower amounts/quality junk piles and other resources. Farther out, getting much closer to the fog (and possibly beyond at some point) the open pvp areas could be placed; while life here would be dangerous, the highest quality and amounts of resources would be placed. Non-pvp tribes could still risk themselves and venture out into the pvp area to gather resources, or hire some mercenaries to protect them while they're out there. It'd be similar to low-sec and high-sec in EVE - You could life your entire career in high-sec if you wanted; you could venture out occasionally to the low-sec areas if you wanted; or you could live out in the low-sec.

Basically it comes down to catering to PvP/PvE equally; the gatherers and the builders are the foundation of the game - without them, the world would just be a giant FPS with bows and swords. I know true PvP'ers hate the idea of safe zones, but I don't think it's any more fair to force PvP on people than it would be to make all PvP consentual.

That said, I'm a PvP'er at heart, but I know that the world doesn't run without those who would build it back up after we destroy it.

I'm more of a PvE'er at heart, but I love me some market PvP. What I'm worried about is people setting up safe zones in areas that are resource heavy and negating other people from getting to them. If resources are too common then there will be little to no market (yes, resources are common in Eve, but resources are also region specific and peoples stuff gets destroyed enough to compensate), and if a tribe or alliance sets a monopoly on resources then the market will likely collapse as well.

Now, if players could set up safe zones in proximity to resources, but not actually over "a lot" of resources, and there was some mechanism in place to hinder safe-tribal city movement then I'd be perfectly fine, and actually encourage, safe zones. But I don't think just have a city toggle would work, because, quite frankly, there would be no point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Then you build walls to protect it. That's simple. That was your plan right? You need to do that anyway PvP flag or not. Walls are a must in this game if you plan to leave any stacked resources on the ground.
    I will agree with you on the fact that i dont want safe zones after prelude.We have 6 months to build up our defence.With a good plan you should be able to fight off a town raid or at least get to your keep and lock it down and fight with your bows off of the walls.I want to defend our town.if my tribe dosent want to flag our town for pvp ,Ill start a homestead and you can come and raid me evey night with your crew,and ill take pride in how well i built my little camp 's defence.

I know this is Jooky's game ,and i will play with the rules that i am given

To all of those that want more PvP: Think about it this way, if someone builds a huge city with 100 tribemembers living there i a safe area, they will still need food and materials for all of them. That will require them to get out of there safe zone. That where the PvP comes in outside the territoy wars.
    Safe zones will lead to big settlements that cant supply themselfes out of their area and this will lead to something to hunt for.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Nothing is answered dude.

What is the objective in playing this game as a group? it HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED. And it keeps freaking chaging like a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Is it nothing more than the sims online with terraforming? Hell at least the sims has some sort of objective? lol
    Seriously!? You better go read Xyson's update, and re-read it, until you understand it. It is clear as mud. There will be options for opting in and out of war during pre-lude. After pre-lude in 6-9months there will be no option, war is futile and you have no choice.... Quit being a bunch of friggin numpty's. Geesus how do you people get up in the morning and dress yourselves, it really does boggle my mind.