I thought I knew what these terms meant, I started my online gaming with pre-trammel UO so ive been around a while, and I have run across these terms very often... but recently, all of these seem to have taken on a new meaning, subverting the meaning I knew.

FFA PvP : I was sure this meant you could attack anyone, and while this is true, people seem to be under the impression it means anywhere as well, as in no safe zones. [I consider all forms of UO FFA PvP, is this their mistake or mine?]

Ganking : Afaik, Ganking means teaming up and killing someone who has no chance i.e. 5vs1. But i have been hearing people using it for 1vs1... Why?

Greifing : People seem to think ganking [the term i know] or targetting the same person on different occasions [not reskilling] constitutes greifing, whereas, in contrast, I always considered reskilling, using bugs to cheat players out of items/money and constant verbal assault, in most forms, greifing.

I'm not really looking for a debate about what constitutes what, but after seeing lots of posts about the FFA PvP claim of Xsyon being false it has left me wondering whether these terms have evolved over time as different games come out, or if they have been mistaken by newer, younger players joining the gaming community.

Thank you for reading, if you did, it is a bit tl;dr material.

Yami