View Poll Results: Do You Want Another Server Wipe?

Voters
113. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

87 76.99%
  • No

26 23.01%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "No more wipes" from me too(hehe hit wrong button in vote though), we have been sold the game, it launched(yes, it did prelaunch on 18th, incoming wipe doesn't change that fact), and now we are simply being said, that "hey guys, don't play the game you just bought".
    Attitude "Under normal circumstances we could write scripts to clean up this data if something like this occured. However, we need to press on with more important things.
    "(written on 14th feb by Jordi) is fine for beta, but in live game player data is one of the most important thing.

And here I thought I'd seen my share of stupid and useless polls... What's next, a poll asking whether you want server maintenance or not?

Wipes are not done because the community wants them; they are necessary evils that make the game better in the long run.

Any news on when the "final" wipe will take place? Really wanna get going...

Wipes are necessary.

Look at how Darkfall ended up when there were no wipes. Massively exploited characters who were capable of devastating anyone etc.

If they need to wipe this game 100 times by the 1st of march, be happy it means that they're actually working on the game and care that the game works right. Stop whinning and deal with it, would you rather have the game now and broken, or later and working. Normally this would be common sense, but it's 2011 and half the population is crazy and or stupid.

wipe 10 times a day if it fixes the problems it is trying to by the first. i want a smooth launch and not a failed launch like DF had with the exploiting and nothing done about it

this shows the team actually cares what happens at launch. good for them. only had the game 3-4 days and, while this is annoying for me, as i cannot play much right now because of it, i am STILL happy to see this happening

This is ridiculous, of course they need to wipe if they are trying to identify and resolve problems with the game. Would you rather have a broken game (as we saw last Friday)? Strange poll.

Way to not understand how software testing works to everyone who said 'no'. I suggest if you're impatient, play another game for a few days until this is wrapped up. That's what I'm doing. The wipes are actually to try and fix a major Database saving issue - would you really want to play this game if there's a chance anyone or anything at random could get deleted during lag? The release was pushed back for a reason, and we've already been given an extra 2 weeks of free time so I don't see what's to complain about.

If it means fixing the game faster then then have to do what has to be done.