Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

No new player protection of any kind eh?

No new player protection of any kind eh? Log in after making a character, thinking I'd check it out while it doesn't matter, and immediately got ganked by a gang of thugs.. Nice way to introduce the game lol. Little annoying as I just left a game because of that kind of community lol

It'd be nice if there was some system in place to help new players get their bearings.

Well I could say that the game hasn't even been officially released yet, and new player protection is not a new idea. Not surprised you found it annoying though, but hopefully that does not bias your opinion of xsyons playerbase

give it time- i think it's a big possibility we may see this sooner than later.

Report it as a bug, spawn points are supposed to be safe zones.

- Safe starting locations. The starting locations (including the new Founder's Isle location) are now small safe zones to prevent griefing these spots right after the final wipe. These will be removed after tribes settle in and once we add a feature where tribes can select themselves as starting locations for new players.

This is from the Febr 16th update.

Don't let it ruin your idea of the community, recently the game has gained a spurt of publicity on negative websites attracting less desirable people from less desirable games. I'm sure it's temporary, inevitably they'll get bored and move to the next brainless game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyledoubleyou View Post
    Don't let it ruin your idea of the community, recently the game has gained a spurt of publicity on negative websites attracting less desirable people from less desirable games. I'm sure it's temporary, inevitably they'll get bored and move to the next brainless game.
    /eyeroll

More importantly, its previous residents get pissed at them and gank them hard core.

Should have just ran away, instead of bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Report it as a bug, spawn points are supposed to be safe zones.

- Safe starting locations. The starting locations (including the new Founder's Isle location) are now small safe zones to prevent griefing these spots right after the final wipe. These will be removed after tribes settle in and once we add a feature where tribes can select themselves as starting locations for new players.

This is from the Febr 16th update.
    Ahh o'rly? I was wondering what all the talk about safe zones were. The area in question was Glendale, and based on this thread, it's surely not 'safe' - http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...Starting-areas

Yeah, I know the types.. Thing is don't you have to pre-order to be in?

As for "it doesn't matter, we'll be wiped anyway", that's a good sentiment, except that it would be nice to have time to learn the game and where my place is in it before the last wipe

Quote Originally Posted by DaAzub View Post
    Should have just ran away, instead of bitching.
    Oh I did.. as soon as it was obvious these guys could hit me, I made like a rabbit and ran like hell, up hills, into trees, etc.. They still caught me heh.