Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaAzub View Post
    But the dude brought about naked Pkers that obviously killed him, which leads to an extent that he raged, which is a Care Bear trait.
    Shush, go back ganking.. I mean PvP-ing.. Playing carebear detector doesn't help with the issue. Still thanks for caring, but I haven't been killed recently.. The situation, where agressor can only win and has no chance to lose anything, while victim can only lose and has nothing to win is wrong.
    Thanks Virtus for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by rixk View Post
    The situation, where agressor can only win and has no chance to lose anything, while victim can only lose and has nothing to win is wrong.
    ?

I am liking the consequences of ganking so far

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    You will have to remember that not everyone is a ganker/griefier .
    this may be true to some extent but every FFA mmo in existence is mostly about the gank, the majority of players think PVP is all about killing everyone on sight regardless of lvl, age etc and those same people will usually camp those same areas and most of the time that area will be spawn points. dunno why i guess it makes their virtual "*****" larger. I'd bet maybe 25% of the xyson pop will do what i call honorable pvp. some of the same people posting on these forum inregard to pvp are already camping newb spawn points and griefing players. FFA pvp without safe areas only work for awhile until the majority of the playerbase quits and the game dies a slow death. there has to be a compromise, companies need to take a look at how eve online is set up and take notes, they've done it the way it should be IMO.

last time i checked this forum people didnt want meaningfull pvp because this is not a pvp game.
    just build your tribe and enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by esudar View Post
    last time i checked this forum people didnt want meaningfull pvp because this is not a pvp game.
    just build your tribe and enjoy
    Which forum was that? I think I haven't read that

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    this may be true to some extent but every FFA mmo in existence is mostly about the gank, the majority of players think PVP is all about killing everyone on sight regardless of lvl, age etc and those same people will usually camp those same areas and most of the time that area will be spawn points. dunno why i guess it makes their virtual "*****" larger. I'd bet maybe 25% of the xyson pop will do what i call honorable pvp. some of the same people posting on these forum inregard to pvp are already camping newb spawn points and griefing players. FFA pvp without safe areas only work for awhile until the majority of the playerbase quits and the game dies a slow death. there has to be a compromise, companies need to take a look at how eve online is set up and take notes, they've done it the way it should be IMO.
    This is an open ffa pvp world.

If a tribe feels strongly enough about the 'noob situation'...hell, take control over a spawn point and advertise it as a gank free zone for new players to log in at. Enforce your will, don't cry about it.

That said, ganking unsuspecting noobs as they load into the game, perchance completely clueless about the game, controls, combat mechancis, etc. Is truly the lowest form of pvp out there...but it does amuse some folks.

but to the point. if you're a good 'Honor' tribe, do something about the situation...it's within your power to. The beauty of the sandbox is the players don't have to rely upon the devs, and code (which is typically imperfect and exploitable to one degree or another) to effect a solution to a problem. We can institute our own rules, and laws, to whatever degree we have the ability to spread our influence and enforce our will on others.

asking the devs to fix something that isn't broken is a dangerous thing...especially when we ahve the power to regulate the system ourselves (if we decide that is what we want to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    This is an open ffa pvp world.

If a tribe feels strongly enough about the 'noob situation'...hell, take control over a spawn point and advertise it as a gank free zone for new players to log in at. Enforce your will, don't cry about it.

That said, ganking unsuspecting noobs as they load into the game, perchance completely clueless about the game, controls, combat mechancis, etc. Is truly the lowest form of pvp out there...but it does amuse some folks.

but to the point. if you're a good 'Honor' tribe, do something about the situation...it's within your power to. The beauty of the sandbox is the players don't have to rely upon the devs, and code (which is typically imperfect and exploitable to one degree or another) to effect a solution to a problem. We can institute our own rules, and laws, to whatever degree we have the ability to spread our influence and enforce our will on others.

asking the devs to fix something that isn't broken is a dangerous thing...especially when we ahve the power to regulate the system ourselves (if we decide that is what we want to do).
    1. everyone keeps pointing out that this game is FFA pvp as if its the only feature despite the fact that the only real game mechanic in the game atm is crafting. its ironical!

2. even darkfall doesnt have ganking at noob location, its a bug (if people are being honest about what they are saying) and it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    In addition, consequences, which will be modified as necessary, will keep gankers at bay. They will get sick of things happening to them like returning to the totem every time they die. I'm sure there will be more things put in place. Jooky will not let this be over run by griefers

Well, this isnt really a punishment is it......I already noticed that mechanic being used as instant travel with loaded backpack of lootz...You do know jumping off cliffs can kill ya...animals dont loot ya....and friends can speed your trip home as well...with all the lootz in your bag to hide safely away.

I'm not really worried about the gankers out in the world, except they're not too bright if they're slaughtering new players, unless they want an empty game world.

But what I'd love to see for pkers who kill in the territory of other tribes (after Prelude, and not counting tribes who declare war on each other) is permadeath the next time they are killed (with no way to alter that status), expulsion from their tribes and membership only in tribes of other killers subject to permadeath, and inability to trade any item or work or fight with anyone not also subject to permadeath. You might kill a hundred crafters and wipe out a dozen small tribes if you have a big enough tribe, but one death, from falling, animals, or another player, and your character is done. Reroll, starting items only, no access to that character's storage, and unless you have a tribe willing to help you out, not even a place to call home until you make one for yourself again.

I think being a pker under those circumstances would be fun, trying to see how long I could stay alive, but I'm betting the vast majority of 'hard core killers' in this game would overflow Lake Tahoe with tears if this were implemented, and it would cut way down on the number of predator players and tribes in the game.