Quote Originally Posted by orious13 View Post
I doubt you're going to get your game...it's really that simple.

There are some factors of immersion and real life simulation that don't work in a video game. Over the years I actually kept trying to propose and say the same thing you just said "there should be no choice, it should just be...".

I agree with that, but then you must grow to realize the problem is that people play games LIKE a game regardless if it's realistic or not. If you added everything how it should be, it won't be played how it "should be". If you added things so that the game resembled an amazing alternate reality complete with all of its freedoms and morals, it won't be played like that reality.

Are we going to get a pvp sandbox with lots of sand and no safe zones....probably not with this game.

Its too risky, its uncharted waters, and its going to take a developer with some serious balls to really go against the grain.

A lot of the origional followers of this game are hardcore pve'ers, this game will cater to them. The largest and longest standing tribe is a carebear tribe, the game will cater to them.

Will it offer the pvp option, sure, but it wont be a totally uniqe (other than the terraforming) sandbox, and theres already a lot of rules that take away from the freedom your suppose to get in a sandbox.

Im not looking for realism, i get that in real life. Im looking for a sandbox with basically no rules, not a sandbox patrolled by police officers, seperating the sandbox into areas where i can throw sand and areas where i can make sand castles in peace...with the ability to play wiht my sand behind privacy curtains shelterd from the rest of the players.

However the games in development, all i can do is voice my opinion, just like everyone else.

One day someone will make a game like this, without the main focus as combat, but with no rules and no saftey. Just like in game however, its always the safe route that people take. The safe route is to not upset the big tribe and not to upset the long time followers who just want to play nice and sperated from those who want somewhat of a rule free game.

Thats just how these things go..

However i think this game would make some pretty big waves if it broke the mold and offerd the no rules pvp, just as long as it ran stable and was somewhat bug free....lot of people are looking for that type of game and it would have no competition.

Ill stick with the game, see how it goes, but i stopped getting my hopes up long long ago over these things. Darkfall was close, but all it has was combat and not much else that matterd. Also the magic was lame, we dont need magic.