Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PK and onsequences

Current situation where PKs roam around naked and using hand to hand should not continue, especially when you want some meaning behind PvP. Full loot game, where agressor has nothing to lose doesn't promise anything good. Reading ingame chat there are already players, whose goal is to gank every new player who enters the game.

EDIT: typo in the title And can't fix that..

You can fix it, click edit then go to advanced mode

The main thing allowing PKers to do this at the moment is the broken combat system. Once the calculations are done correctly then you will see fists being a lot less useful.

Right now it is easy to gank players but once others start leveling up skills etc it will be much more difficult for them

However, that said, This is open PvP expect people to attack you. Tribes will need to post sentries and guard caravans to keep an eye out for vagrants.

You will have to remember that not everyone is a ganker/griefier and that you as a tribe/community will need to, now and then, fight back against these guys to keep them at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    You will have to remember that not everyone is a ganker/griefier .
    this may be true to some extent but every FFA mmo in existence is mostly about the gank, the majority of players think PVP is all about killing everyone on sight regardless of lvl, age etc and those same people will usually camp those same areas and most of the time that area will be spawn points. dunno why i guess it makes their virtual "*****" larger. I'd bet maybe 25% of the xyson pop will do what i call honorable pvp. some of the same people posting on these forum inregard to pvp are already camping newb spawn points and griefing players. FFA pvp without safe areas only work for awhile until the majority of the playerbase quits and the game dies a slow death. there has to be a compromise, companies need to take a look at how eve online is set up and take notes, they've done it the way it should be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    this may be true to some extent but every FFA mmo in existence is mostly about the gank, the majority of players think PVP is all about killing everyone on sight regardless of lvl, age etc and those same people will usually camp those same areas and most of the time that area will be spawn points. dunno why i guess it makes their virtual "*****" larger. I'd bet maybe 25% of the xyson pop will do what i call honorable pvp. some of the same people posting on these forum inregard to pvp are already camping newb spawn points and griefing players. FFA pvp without safe areas only work for awhile until the majority of the playerbase quits and the game dies a slow death. there has to be a compromise, companies need to take a look at how eve online is set up and take notes, they've done it the way it should be IMO.
    This is an open ffa pvp world.

If a tribe feels strongly enough about the 'noob situation'...hell, take control over a spawn point and advertise it as a gank free zone for new players to log in at. Enforce your will, don't cry about it.

That said, ganking unsuspecting noobs as they load into the game, perchance completely clueless about the game, controls, combat mechancis, etc. Is truly the lowest form of pvp out there...but it does amuse some folks.

but to the point. if you're a good 'Honor' tribe, do something about the situation...it's within your power to. The beauty of the sandbox is the players don't have to rely upon the devs, and code (which is typically imperfect and exploitable to one degree or another) to effect a solution to a problem. We can institute our own rules, and laws, to whatever degree we have the ability to spread our influence and enforce our will on others.

asking the devs to fix something that isn't broken is a dangerous thing...especially when we ahve the power to regulate the system ourselves (if we decide that is what we want to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    This is an open ffa pvp world.

If a tribe feels strongly enough about the 'noob situation'...hell, take control over a spawn point and advertise it as a gank free zone for new players to log in at. Enforce your will, don't cry about it.

That said, ganking unsuspecting noobs as they load into the game, perchance completely clueless about the game, controls, combat mechancis, etc. Is truly the lowest form of pvp out there...but it does amuse some folks.

but to the point. if you're a good 'Honor' tribe, do something about the situation...it's within your power to. The beauty of the sandbox is the players don't have to rely upon the devs, and code (which is typically imperfect and exploitable to one degree or another) to effect a solution to a problem. We can institute our own rules, and laws, to whatever degree we have the ability to spread our influence and enforce our will on others.

asking the devs to fix something that isn't broken is a dangerous thing...especially when we ahve the power to regulate the system ourselves (if we decide that is what we want to do).
    1. everyone keeps pointing out that this game is FFA pvp as if its the only feature despite the fact that the only real game mechanic in the game atm is crafting. its ironical!

2. even darkfall doesnt have ganking at noob location, its a bug (if people are being honest about what they are saying) and it will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    1. everyone keeps pointing out that this game is FFA pvp as if its the only feature despite the fact that the only real game mechanic in the game atm is crafting. its ironical!

2. even darkfall doesnt have ganking at noob location, its a bug (if people are being honest about what they are saying) and it will be fixed.
    ironically, even tho the FFA part of my post was the least relevant portion of it, you sought to make it the most relevant! its ironical!

(the point of the post was players have the free will to enforce rules laws and norms in this environment...don't ask the devs to take it away)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    THIS THIS THIS THIS. It drives me crazy how in every PvP sandbox(ish) game people cry for Dev intervention. DO IT YOURSELF.

I count nine starting points. Is the proposal that tribes will man all these points 24/7/365 with sufficient manpower to ensure that new arrivals in the game don't get ganked as their first experience of Xsyon?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    THIS THIS THIS THIS. It drives me crazy how in every PvP sandbox(ish) game people cry for Dev intervention. DO IT YOURSELF.
    BRAVO

Virtus beat me. His was probably nicer too.