Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

PK and onsequences

Current situation where PKs roam around naked and using hand to hand should not continue, especially when you want some meaning behind PvP. Full loot game, where agressor has nothing to lose doesn't promise anything good. Reading ingame chat there are already players, whose goal is to gank every new player who enters the game.

EDIT: typo in the title And can't fix that..

You can fix it, click edit then go to advanced mode

The main thing allowing PKers to do this at the moment is the broken combat system. Once the calculations are done correctly then you will see fists being a lot less useful.

Right now it is easy to gank players but once others start leveling up skills etc it will be much more difficult for them

However, that said, This is open PvP expect people to attack you. Tribes will need to post sentries and guard caravans to keep an eye out for vagrants.

You will have to remember that not everyone is a ganker/griefier and that you as a tribe/community will need to, now and then, fight back against these guys to keep them at bay.

Virtus beat me. His was probably nicer too.

In addition, consequences, which will be modified as necessary, will keep gankers at bay. They will get sick of things happening to them like returning to the totem every time they die. I'm sure there will be more things put in place. Jooky will not let this be over run by griefers

You carebears always complain about everything, just for losing a bit of clothing sheesh...

You carebears always complain about everything, just for losing a bit of clothing sheesh...
    All rixk did was bring up a game mechanic that is affecting gameplay at the moment, which was confirmed, by virtus, to be broken. No one was complaining, and we got some nice information as well

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    All rixk did was bring up a game mechanic that is affecting gameplay at the moment, which was confirmed, by virtus, to be broken. No one was complaining, and we got some nice information as well
    But the dude brought about naked Pkers that obviously killed him, which leads to an extent that he raged, which is a Care Bear trait.

people fighting naked without weapons isn't necessarily what is broken. Quite a few people don't have a choice but to fight naked and bare-fisted due to server rollback incidents. Right now it doesn't even matter, it's a good way to get some experience with the combat system and as Virtus already said, the combat system is far from complete.

But the dude brought about naked Pkers that obviously killed him, which leads to an extent that he raged, which is a Care Bear trait.
    Well I am happy you can define a 'care bear', but labeling someone who starts a thread as complaining is pointless. Yeah atmos, except virtus just said it is broken And yes, it doesn't matter, so why would anyone complain anyway?

Point is from my statement, is stop the whining or complaining, the Devs or Dev, should know what can be done about the PvP case.
    I believe they already read a lot of recommendations for this and that, which they have to compromise of what is good or not.
    Cut them some slack for a bit.