Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.
    If Xsyon can simply stick to that, I have no problem with any direction he decides to take this game.

Thanks for the help in this Keith.

-Big C

Clear as mud to me too. Sorry, but there it is.

'Safe zone will be there in Prelude unless you turn them off. After Prelude safe zones go away.'

How do you get the second, italicized part? If safe zones go away, why would you need, "...A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones..."?

Since I'm not willing to just assume the game will work the way I want it to work, I can't read that 'clarification' to mean what I want it to mean. I still have major questions remaining about the fundamentals of PvP in a game where 'rebuilding the world is the focus, not PvP.' This clarification answered none of them.

Have you seen how fast scrap piles disapear? Big tribes will have to claim more resources to even survive and small tribes will have to trade with them.

All of the claimed land we'll be able to conquer. Thats where you'll get your PvP.

This game should cater to all types of players except griefer PK type.

No problem with any of it here. 6-9 months is plenty of time for me to figure everything out and prepare for the changes.

"Big tribes will have to claim more resources to even survive and small tribes will have to trade with them."

What do you trade if you have no access to resources to create anything for trade?

" 6-9 months is plenty of time for me to figure everything out and prepare for the changes."

How do you prepare for a change if you don't know what that change will entail?

I'm truly not trying to be a nay-sayer. I'm really and truly not. What I've seen of Xsyon so far genuinely intrigues and interests me. I see great potential, that is well within the developers' reach.

But I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the lack of statement regarding some pretty fundamental design choices. To be blunt, I'm just not interested in the game that some folks are convinced Xsyon will become. If they're right, fine. I'm not going to agitate for the design to change to suit my tastes. I'll just go back to EVE. No harm. No foul.

On the other hand, I've read a developer statement of concept that says, 'Xsyon will be about rebuilding the world. The focus won't be on PvP. PvP will just be there to add a sense of adventure and an overcome-able obstacle to that continuing attempt at rebuilding.' (Yes, I'm reading in that last sentence.) If, six to nine months in, 'the changes' become, 'Okay. This is now all about constant PvP warfare and everything else is secondary to that', I'm gone.

One person's opinion. Take it however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    In Prelude, people have safe zones. They can turn them off. After Prelude, they will all be turned off. That's how I understand the current plan, but nothing is written on stone.

That's what I love about this game. Transparent developers that give out these updates.
    this is what i understand

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post
    "Big tribes will have to claim more resources to even survive and small tribes will have to trade with them."

What do you trade if you have no access to resources to create anything for trade?

" 6-9 months is plenty of time for me to figure everything out and prepare for the changes."

I'm truly not trying to be a nay-sayer. I'm really and truly not. What I've seen of Xsyon so far genuinely intrigues and interests me. I see great potential, that is well within the developers' reach.

But I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable with the lack of statement regarding some pretty fundamental design choices. To be blunt, I'm just not interested in the game that some folks are convinced Xsyon will become. If they're right, fine. I'm not going to agitate for the design to change to suit my tastes. I'll just go back to EVE. No harm. No foul.

On the other hand, I've read a developer statement of concept that says, 'Xsyon will be about rebuilding the world. The focus won't be on PvP. PvP will just be there to add a sense of adventure and an overcome-able obstacle to that continuing attempt at rebuilding.' (Yes, I'm reading in that last sentence.) If, six to nine months in, 'the changes' become, 'Okay. This is now all about constant PvP warfare and everything else is secondary to that', I'm gone.

I think we solo players and small tribes can learn the game and then prepare the same way small communities have always prepared for a violent world. Communicate, divide defense responsibilities, have traders boycott the predatory tribes, get together and go after the criminals, and otherwise go about our own business.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    I think that after or later in prelude tribes that want to allow FFA on their territory, will be able to turn safezones off, others will stay with safezones unless in war.
    and then after prelude will be like this:

The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan.
    that's what I'm waiting for!

That's why I no longer feel there needs to be a seperate server, when in the end they are just going to be pretty much the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    That's why I no longer feel there needs to be a seperate server, when in the end they are just going to be pretty much the same anyway.
    That's exactly why a PVP server won't be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridger View Post

Scraps are not only resources you can get, and when scrap piles are gone we'll have to get something instead, probably mining. Do you think that 5 or 10 men tribe will be able to claim and defend mine agains 50 or 100 men tribe?

What small tribes can have to trade? wood(craft), tammed animals, grain, alcohol, bones(and craft). Big tribes will probably become cities while small tribes will be villages supplying cities.