Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    add in the effect that after the Prelude, the trash piles should be pretty much gone themselves. Thus bringing other methods to get those resources, as in, the only way to get metal/plastic/cloth scrap at the moment is junk piles. Later, will be fields of cotton, herds of sheep, mining for metals, and some sort of tar or oil mining for plastic materials.

In other words, not just real life industry and evolution, but Xsyonistic as well.

Heh, yoori saying about the same as myself, only 4 minutes faster then I can read the final post and reply.

Agree with yoori.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    Scraps are not only resources you can get, and when scrap piles are gone we'll have to get something instead, probably mining. Do you think that 5 or 10 men tribe will be able to claim and defend mine agains 50 or 100 men tribe?

What small tribes can have to trade? wood(craft), tammed animals, grain, alcohol, bones(and craft). Big tribes will probably become cities while small tribes will be villages supplying cities.
    There are types of mining that don't require static locations, and mountain areas are perfect for them. There's panning rivers and streams and there are small one person mines that tap out quickly. How this will work depends on if the devs want to make this a constant war over static locations. They can do so, of course, but they can also, if they so choose, actually make the small mountain communities and wandering explorers the source of some or most of the mined resources.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    That's why I no longer feel there needs to be a seperate server, when in the end they are just going to be pretty much the same anyway.
    You have to uderstand that if we get another server it'll be FFA DF 2.0 heaven, while here FFA will be restricted with TvT system as a PvP source.

The only reason we asked for the "Chaos" server asap is because we were told yesterday that the tribal PvP was going to be consensual.

Now that it's not the case (I think lol), there is no need for the Chaos server for launch.

Althought it would be kinda of cool to have it open later down the road. Kinda like Siege Perilous and UO.

Quote Originally Posted by yoori View Post
    You have to uderstand that if we get another server it'll be FFA DF 2.0 heaven, while here FFA will be restricted with TvT system as a PvP source.
    This seems not to be the case now AFTER prelude there wont be tribal safe zones

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    There are types of mining that don't require static locations, and mountain areas are perfect for them. There's panning rivers and streams and there are small one person mines that tap out quickly. How this will work depends on if the devs want to make this a constant war over static locations. They can do so, of course, but they can also, if they so choose, actually make the small mountain communities and wandering explorers the source of some or most of the mined resources.
    Let's be honest game economy depends on war with all the armor and weapons we can craft.

If there are no static claimable resources to fight for, we might as well turn PvP off, becouse there's no reason for war, leaving PvP players with PK or leaving the game.

Game was created with tribes in mind. Homesteads were added to cater solo players, but they won't be part of global meta game and conflict. Solo players and small tribes won't be selfsufficient and will have to depend on big tribes.

You can try to change it, after all we create gameplay, but that's how I see it in the long run.

I've changed my mind after some thought, i'd rather them bring up another server to be in chaos mode so most of the gankers will head over there and real pvp players that intend to use the features as they should instead of just ganking everyone on sight can be on the main server. I'd rather have a smaller population than be ganked every 5 minutes as happens in most games like DF, MO and so far xsyon.

bruisie159;46952]This seems not to be the case now AFTER prelude there wont be tribal safe zones[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the case this server will have restricted FFA, we'll just have to wait and see how exactly.

I haven't seen Jooky confirm that safezones will diapear after Prelude in his anouncement. And they never meant be removed during Prelude, so have you confirmed that they will disapear?

All I've seen is that we'll have to choose if we want to keep them or not(that doesn't mean they will stay).

Scraps are not only resources you can get, and when scrap piles are gone we'll have to get something instead, probably mining.
    I realize this and think it's a marvelous design choice.

"Do you think that 5 or 10 men tribe will be able to claim and defend mine agains 50 or 100 men tribe?"
    If there is no game mechanic to enable the small tribe to opt out of the fight, no - I certainly don't. So are you saying if you want to be a crafter your only option is to join a 50 or 100 man tribe? If so, do you think that's a game mechanic that will tend to draw more or fewer players to Xsyon? And if you think - correctly, in my opinion - that's a potential design choice that will drive potential players away and you also think driving potential players away is not a viable business choice for the developers to make, what are the alternatives? (See below)

"What small tribes can have to trade? wood(craft), tammed animals, grain, alcohol, bones(and craft)."
    Why would a large 50 - 100 man tribe trade for something they can get just as easily themselves for free? Remember, they have 50 - 100 people. What are all those people doing if they're not out grabbing all the resources for their own tribe? Are they out protecting the little 1-5 man tribes who are doing their collection thing? This might be workable. Are they defending the camp/town/city where the little 1-5 man tribes are welcome to enter and do their crafting thing in peace - perhaps for a percentage of their product as 'rent'? This might be workable too, especially if you couple it with protection for them while the 'pesants' are out doing their hunting/gathering thing. (The first step toward rebuilding the world: the re-discovery of feudalism.)

So where are the developer statements saying, 'Yes. We like this concept. We may very well implement this'?

That is the kind of 'clarification' I would like to see.

all im saying is a lot of people seemed to have taken from that statement that safe zones will go. probably because he said there would be no option to toggle them.

(sorry should have quoted Yoori)