Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Some Clarification

The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan.
    I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population.
    My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.
    I understand clearly now, thanks!

After reading this I don't feel like there needs to be a seperate server, but that's up to the rest of the community to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I'm not exactly clear on it all so we will just have to wait until they have more time to clear things up for us.
    What part? It is all clear as mud to moi, english is my native tongue however...

There's definately a bit of confusion about all this.

In Prelude, people have safe zones. They can turn them off. After Prelude, they will all be turned off. That's how I understand the current plan, but nothing is written on stone.

That's what I love about this game. Transparent developers that give out these updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    In Prelude, people have safe zones. They can turn them off. After Prelude, they will all be turned off. That's how I understand the current plan, but nothing is written on stone.

That's what I love about this game. Transparent developers that give out these updates.
    Wholey shit someone else that can read and understand what was said, I'm floored.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post

That's what I got from it. No offense but I don't see how his statement would confuse anyone, he's not speaking in riddles.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    What part? It is all clear as mud to moi, english is my native tongue however...
    i edited my OP.

From what Jooky said in previous posts and interviews, FFA PvP is there as a flavour, to give some thrill, but main source of PvP will be TvT wars.

I think that after or later in prelude tribes that want to allow FFA on their territory, will be able to turn safezones off, others will stay with safezones unless in war.

Game mechanics are supposed to be very harsh for FFA PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzilla View Post
    Wholey shit someone else that can read and understand what was said, I'm floored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mims44 View Post
    No offense but I don't see how his statement would confuse anyone, he's not speaking in riddles.
    Hardly rocket science. What PVP will be and how it's going to be handled will have many ramifications in the gameworld and I'd love the devs to write up their game vision for PVP that will cater to both PVPers and PVEers as there is alot of confusion about how this will work.

I like the idea of there being PVP zones like you see in Perpetuum, the central islands had no PVP but the outter islands had full loot PVP so that it catered to both sets of players.