Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

87 66.41%
  • No

44 33.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadio View Post
    followed discussion in this topic : http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...l-craft-skills

Yes -> possible craft everything but need master system or something ( i can learn recipes here )
    No-> Possible craft only your chossen and open possiblity to learn from others player recipes and skills
    How about both? Why not be able to craft "basic" items from every craft but "advanced" stuff has to be learned from someone else (a Master) and/or "discovered" randomly? This would, of course, mean that the Powers that Be will have to make decisions about what is considered "basic/advanced". Anyone see a downside to this? I can't think of any others myself.

In order to be good at specific crafts you still need to put the right points into your starting skills- giving us access to all crafts isn't going to make us the master of all crafts.

see this simple guide i put together:

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ht-craft-skill

Xsyon Citizen
    It depends on the skill rate decay. Otherwise no. Darkfall is a perfect example. Given enough time a dedicated crafter will be a be able to most everything, even with a soft skill cap. It would be nice to have dedicated crafters of a chosen profession dotted around the world.

Yes- incetive solo player,freedom,sandbox
    No-Incetive trade/traveling and indirect Wilderness pvp/Teamwork

I voted yes, but maybe i was to fast. Loot with one and hand over to your next character. But you would need two accounts.
    Ive should have voted no

I like the general idea of making it technically possible to craft everything in the game but not reasonably realistic to do so and tell the skill grinding QQers to F off.

In short, open up everything for everyone but make it nearly impossible to be good at everything unless you have a slave running running account 24/7.

Besides, the system as I understand it in this game seems to be perfect. Easy to gain to medium level in anything but while doing one skill you slowly lose points in your other skills + just really hard to become a master.

How will soft/skill cap help tbh

I see no skill requirement on any recipe. to my knowledge skill level only increases sucess rate. which is less useful that recipes themselves which you can grind by making 1 cheap recipe over and over and over.

so with skill level 10 in everything you can just grind all the recipes and make everything you need.

surely no-one wants it to work like that except a few solo players who don't even want to interact with their neighbors at all.

There are repecies with lvl 70-80. You have a slim chance to make them with skill 10 but they will be very low quality and fall apart in let's say a week, while masters items will last for 2 months(example).

Basic items I do agree with... this will get any player solo or otherwise started... basic items are just that... basic, not allot of knowledge needed here. As you get to items that require more detail and a better understanding of the trade skill, these items would require you to have put some points into the skill to get it to a needed level of learning to get a successful created item.

That's my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    How will soft/skill cap help tbh

I see no skill requirement on any recipe. to my knowledge skill level only increases sucess rate. which is less useful that recipes themselves which you can grind by making 1 cheap recipe over and over and over.

so with skill level 10 in everything you can just grind all the recipes and make everything you need.

surely no-one wants it to work like that except a few solo players who don't even want to interact with their neighbors at all.
    There are plenty of lootable crafting recipes, that are way above level 10. So your point is invalid.