Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

87 66.41%
  • No

44 33.59%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

All Skills or Not

followed discussion in this topic : http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...l-craft-skills

Yes -> possible craft everything but need master system or something ( i can learn recipes here )
    No-> Possible craft only your chossen and open possiblity to learn from others player recipes and skills

Purely selfish vote from me, I'm a jack of all trades master of none type player, I love to learn at least a little of everything. I have no idea what impact each system would have in the game later on, so I just voted my preference.

While I also, personally love to be able to do things solo, I believe a Jack-of-all-trades situation is nice, but, I am aware of the impact it can have on a sandbox mmo, and im also very intrigued by the idea of being able to learn from other players. Plus, having limited choices should have a good impact in the economy, and the crafting community as a whole.

But yeah, as ifire, i was a bit selfish in my choice, but I would actually love if we could mix it. Allowing for only 1 choice at char creation, and then later , either thru learning from others, a mastering system, or a mix thereof, being able to learn everything you want / need.

I'll say yes.
    If you'd be able to learn skills from others, every tribe member would have every skill in a week. Solo players would be stuck with what they got.

The key is to be able to master limited number of skills and how many. With limited resources we will need best quality items we can get .

If soft cap system is in place i see no problem with having all skills.

You should be able to do whatever, but specialization is needed to be successful in anything. No limits to pick another skill and start training that too, however.

Yes, because with skill decay, it should be very difficult to master multiple professions, however, the option should be there for the hardcore crafter. I think people are counting on the good will of other people a little too much. I would like us all to trade and share, etc., but that is not how it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenmaster13 View Post
    Yes, because with skill decay, it should be very difficult to master multiple professions, however, the option should be there for the hardcore crafter. I think people are counting on the good will of other people a little too much. I would like us all to trade and share, etc., but that is not how it will work out.
    Oh! I wasn't thinking about the skill decay aspect. I'm sure that could be set up so that even a dedicated crafter would have to work insanely hard to keep all skills close to max, making it a more natural way to keep jack of all trades from being masters of all.