Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malivius View Post
    See, I think (my thoughts only) that you have the wrong mindset. You logged into the game, looked at the numbers besides your listed skills, found out what the max was, and set a goal to "get them numbers up". It's the same mentality that a friend of mine has. He plays WoW and constantly complains about the lack of content...yet he powerleveled 80-85 in two days doing dungeons...the same dungeons..over and over again.

PLAY THE GAME! The skills will come with the fun. It's not the game that "centers...around maXxoring skills"...it's the players.

Use skills when you need them and set some goals for yourself other than maxing out a bunch of spreadsheet numbers! The game will be a LOT more fun I believe.
    !this
    give yourself the goal to build your own "house" or a special "weapon" or equipment...more fun than maxing out

Quote Originally Posted by blackone91 View Post

If you max out the skills in like 2 hours....what are you going to do then?
    Right...you complain about having nothing to do...or get ganked in pvp...
    If you don't know what to do in a sandbox game after you "maxxed" your char you should unsub because the game isn't anything worth then....

Quote Originally Posted by blackone91 View Post
    !this
    give yourself the goal to build your own "house" or a special "weapon" or equipment...more fun than maxing out
    Yeah and it is much easier if you have the gather skills past 60 or more......

Quote Originally Posted by Malivius View Post
    See, I think (my thoughts only) that you have the wrong mindset. You logged into the game, looked at the numbers besides your listed skills, found out what the max was, and set a goal to "get them numbers up". It's the same mentality that a friend of mine has. He plays WoW and constantly complains about the lack of content...yet he powerleveled 80-85 in two days doing dungeons...the same dungeons..over and over again.

PLAY THE GAME! The skills will come with the fun. It's not the game that "centers...around maXxoring skills"...it's the players.

Use skills when you need them and set some goals for yourself other than maxing out a bunch of spreadsheet numbers! The game will be a LOT more fun I believe.
    Well, this is what i hoped i can do in xsyon, all i complain about is that i dont got one skillpoint for one evening of playtime. This evening was totally wasted. Another one was when i scavanged all the time while getting 5 sp and not even one bolt.

I never tried terraforming, but that gain sounds about right.

Some of the skill probably need some tweaks on how they level. But in general the grind is about right. Like it's been said before, play the game and enjoy, your skill leveling will take care of itself. I don't know how or when it happened, but players today want skill gains/level gains or whatever kind of gains too quickly and without really having to work for it.

Logging and Hunting need skill gain increase

Why was the evening wasted? Did you not have fun playing, did you not make the things you needed/wanted to, did you not have any good fights (if that's what you like)? I mean, if your whole goal is to see the skill levels rising seems like you'll get bored of most games quickly anyway.

I like the feel of having to take a lot of time to do something major. And I don't do anything for hours straight. I work on a little of this, get tired of it, go back to making tools, decide to see if I can get some new leather recipe, fish, scavange a bit, put all my important stuff in a basket and go exploring, and then decide what I want to do next.

Just like in Darkfall, people don't liek the grind because they are focused on being "Max Level."

You don't need to be skill-capped to play the game. Just play it.

Yep...

Don't worry about levels...

Just play how you want.

Some games FORCE you to worry about levels because everything revolves around levels... like themepark games "must be x level with x stats to use x or must be gear x to get x". Here you can do whatever you want as long as you have the tools.

Grind is fine. Xsyon is not going to start monday and end sunday. So there is no need to zoom from 1 to 100 by the end of the week in all skills. This is the start and you will have plenty of time in the following YEARS to gain and max out most of your skills. If you want to max it all out in 7 days yes you have one hell of a grind and no sleep on your hands. I would suggestion sleep play sleep play take your time it's not going any where. If you choose to grind that long. Then who's fault is that? YOUR's!!!!!!