View Poll Results: I fully understand safe zones after prelude..

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

10 40.00%
  • No!

15 60.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    the simple answer is that Virtus was wrong the only option you will have like I stated above is to allow or not allow friendly fire so your mebers can spar.
    This is only true if Virtus was wrong, I'd like a confirmation on that. Jordi didn't say in his today's update that Virtus was wrong, he only said it won't be a switch to turn safety on and off. If safe zones goes away after Prelude then Jordi's words about a PVP zone or server without safe zones don't make much sense.

I don't care much either way we do have 6-9 more months till then, but all this confusion is kinda bugging lol. I'd like a clear word from Jordi.

Same confusion for me...

Now it hink that we won't have safe zones after prelude but the main totem won't be siegeable.

Next time i'll focus on who killed Kennedy, it's easyer lol

I voted no, because we aren't even in Prelude yet, neither are we near the 6-9 month "after" period when all this will matter. All things are subject to change, as it says in the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by willbonney View Post
    I voted no, because we aren't even in Prelude yet, neither are we near the 6-9 month "after" period when all this will matter. All things are subject to change, as it says in the TOS.
    Yeah, that's my way of thinking, and it seems we will all have some breathing room with things the way they are (6-9 months worth unless things change drastically) so I'm not worried about it.

I voted no because this is the prelude section .....

Let them fix combat first...

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Yeah, that's my way of thinking, and it seems we will all have some breathing room with things the way they are (6-9 months worth unless things change drastically) so I'm not worried about it.
    and with skill decay, the hard core pvp players really dont gain anything long term by starting now. They can likely start a month before release of the seige mechanics and still be able to get their stats up.

I think it would be good for everyone if the developers re-post in bold how the stat system degrades because it really can affect gaming decisions right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    and with skill decay, the hard core pvp players really dont gain anything long term by starting now. They can likely start a month before release of the seige mechanics and still be able to get their stats up.

I think it would be good for everyone if the developers re-post in bold how the stat system degrades because it really can affect gaming decisions right now.
    If a poster awhile back is correct, the hardcore pvpers might be in for a surprise thrashing from the crafters once the magic system is implemented.

First we have this statement from Virtus:
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtus View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for not clearing this up earlier. I only just saw it a little while ago and had to confirm what I thought was going to happen.

Here is the plan:

At first all tribal areas will be safe then, at some point down the road, tribal safe zones will be optional.

If your tribe wishes to play more realistically with the chance of being attacked at any point you may do so. However, if you wish to be more of a crafting tribe and not have to look over your shoulder all the time you may keep the safe zone on.

Hope this clears things up.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post46390

Followed by this from Jooky:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    The main discussion seems to be regarding safe zones. Some players are imagining 'safe switches' that can be turned on and off. That's not part of any plan. I am considering allowing tribes that want to war sooner than others to remove their safe zone if they so desire. A separate zone (as the mist clears) or server with no safe zones at all is also under consideration depending on the world's population. My goal is not to impose new limits as solutions but to give more choices.

I hope this clears things up. The game plan is to continually evolve and improve the game to listen to feedback and accomodate many types of players, and we're sticking to that.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ll=1#post46756

Note that Jooky does NOT say Virtus "had it wrong". He merely expands on the discussion by saying that the safe zones cannot be turned on and off at at the tribe's discretion. So you can't have a safe zone today, turn evil tomorrow and then decide you don't like the consequences, and turn your safe zone back on again.

Jooky also again states that the "game plan is to continually evolve and improve the game to listen to feedback and accomodate many types of players".

It's not possible to accomodate "many types of players" in a game with no safe zones and full-world FFA-PVP. The non-PVP'ers will get ganked into oblivion in the first week.

So to summarise MY understanding of what happens AFTER Prelude:
    • Xsyon will allow a tribe to opt for having their tribal lands to be declared a safe zone if they so wish.
    • Xsyon will allow a tribe to opt for having their tribal lands to be declared a FFA-PVP zone if they so wish.
    • Xsyon will NOT allow a tribe to switch their safe zone on and off when they want to.
    • The world outside of safe-zones will be FFA-PVP.

well if its after the prelude then its in like 7-9 months which means its VERY subject to change and not that worth worrying about yet.