Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re:Among The Shadows Thought on Current Active Tribes

There aren't many indicators of a guild on a forum that translate well into in-game prowess. The only thing I can think of is the competency of the leader which is still very difficult to ascertain from forum posts.

Some of these guilds with a fancy organization structure will fail and some will thrive. It depends on the leaders adaptability and leadership development. This thread is lols because none of it means anything until our feet hit the pavement which was evident in the launch of DF.

The Tribe Tribe could be the strongest guild on the server, there are many examples of unorthodox organizations with a philosophically aligned membership that are able to do some serious damage. There's others that take things very serious that can have the same impact. It could also die a quick painful death as did Murderherd shortly after launch (doubtful of this of course).

There is no prescribed way of leading an organization to success, which makes me laugh when I hear things like "xxx will have a bit of lead in game and have a thriving town until they lose members which will undoubtedly happen. " because that opinion is completely unfounded. Could be true, but how can you confidently pass that judgment from viewings in a forum?

I remember this one time when The Mercs were using SA as meat shields during beta.

We all hid behind a rock and charged out at them yelling "AHHHHH!"

All the SA guys tried to run and were cut down.

If only DF release was as much fun as DF beta

[b]Uzik wrote:[/b][quote]
    If only DF release was as much fun as DF beta [/quote]

I remember my first day of beta killing a full party of 8 in leather whilst we were naked, have 8 people as well. We didn't have any casualties either.

[b]MrBlah wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Uzik wrote:[/b]
    If only DF release was as much fun as DF beta [/quote]

I remember my first day of beta killing a full party of 8 in leather whilst we were naked, have 8 people as well. We didn't have any casualties either.[/quote]

I bet Uzik remembers, I think that was the first time we tried sieging, when killing the "siege master" ended the siege, and Uzik was the siegemaster I think. Or maybe it was Savant. My first day of beta was significantly earlier and all I did was run around with Red and kill goblins. Then we jumped off super high things because in early beta the max falling damage was 20.

Visitor

Murder Herd; weren't they an Anvil sub?

Most of the established guilds are staying away until there is proof the game exists. When gameplay vids and real, ingame screenshots are posted, the tribal forum is going to see a big influx of guilds who were not formed from these forums.

I'm unofficially scouting this game for my guild, who is currently in MO beta.

As to how it will all play out ingame, who knows? We won't know until we know who's going to play, and also how the game mechanics work. Guilds who were successful in DF might not have the same level of success in Xsyon simply because the mechanics are vastly different.

Isn't the important part of a guild the people - how they work together, follow leadership etc rather than the actual game itself? As long as the people are a cohesive group then they can own anywhere, presuming they're all enjoying the game.

Xsyon Citizen

Funny to read through threads like this and remember some of the stories that people tell. Not always the way I remember it, but meh, thats the fun in telling a story I guess.

I always enjoyed PvPing alongside Anvil Society. They were my shock troops for the kingdom. Whenever I needed an objective taken I always sent in Anvil and company first to secure the place.

[b]Lily wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Isn't the important part of a guild the people - how they work together, follow leadership etc rather than the actual game itself? As long as the people are a cohesive group then they can own anywhere, presuming they're all enjoying the game.[/quote]

Yeah, but can they work together, follow leadership (and be leaders), and be a cohesive group in THIS game with THESE mechanics. I would wager that guilds might have a harder time doing all of those things in this game if the game mechanics listed are accurate.

Just because you do a great job running the graveyard shift at McDonald's doesn't mean you can run a Fortune 500 company. I would say running a good corporation in Eve Online is exponentially harder than it is running a good guild in say, Darkfall.

[b]Harrisment wrote:[/b]
    [quote][b]Lily wrote:[/b]
    Yeah, but can they work together, follow leadership (and be leaders), and be a cohesive group in THIS game with THESE mechanics. I would wager that guilds might have a harder time doing all of those things in this game if the game mechanics listed are accurate.

Just because you do a great job running the graveyard shift at McDonald's doesn't mean you can run a Fortune 500 company. I would say running a good corporation in Eve Online is exponentially harder than it is running a good guild in say, Darkfall.[/quote]That's a poor analogy. That is comparing the leadership required to run a 20 man guild vs. 2000 man guild.

Leadership skills coupled with experience, can lead a successful guild on any platform. Running a 100 man guild in df would require a different skillset then running a 100 man corp in eve, not a large difference in difficulty only different technical knowledge required.