Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re:Among The Shadows Thought on Current Active Tribes

lol, I would guess, 3/5 people that followed DF didnt get into it. I had guys in ATS that followed it for years before release that didnt get in. i'd say atleast 30%. Within 3 months you could see clan numbers dwindling due to IG mechanics.

Re:Among The Shadows Thought on Current Active Tri

[b]MrEcko wrote:[/b]
    [quote]coolest thing i saw was SA going to attack seelie, though half of the people going crashed, it was the most people i've ever seen in a video game that day, darkfall had a lot of short comings, but epic moments were not few nor far between.[/quote]

it was cool and yet tragic. We lost that siege before it ever started due to a shard crash. That really was the downfall start of the SA, every siege we ran so many people would crash it would crumble to peices. That attack on seelie we had 150-200 rallied and i made sure everyone stayed in bkbs town while we got the shard carrier out by raft. Crossed a node and crashed.
    We decided to just go check it out anyways but that was a disaster. LOD and Cotc had a fuckton of people there and between crashes etc it went poorly.

We did have a good siege of Aesirs hamlet that was pretty epic, good fights until we all crashed when someone TSP or DBC or something also showed up.

I liked the fact that the city we chose as our capital, in fact both cities marithain and darkmoore were 100% totally undefendable. It was so depressing. Just let me design my own fucking walls and shit like shadowbane because apparently everyone since then has been. Incompetent at buildig a wall that cant be jumped over.

just 200 rallied? more than that, it took 20 mins for everyone just to get of the beach. there were players as far as the eye could see. ST brought 75 players alone.

Oh yeah i think that was the one where the elves joined. I dunno it was as far as the eye could see. Maybe 300. Image was the lead element of 40 guys, the rear got bogged down with crashes.

There was less crashing Early on it seemed. Than as numbers swelled to2-300 a side it got nasty. Apparently Hyperion did a much better job maybe it was all Brando of spreading forces out.

The SA would have failed either way. We didnt demand enough from member guilds. I realized it was going to fail one day when we got wiped with the clan stone 3/4ths of the way down and as my guys are reequiping we realize everyne else is naked. Ats wasnt there. I ask why all the nakeds? The response is no more gear?
    I shoulda let Image quit then. But we stuck through it to the embarassing end.

[b]LanMandragon wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Oh yeah i think that was the one where the elves joined. I dunno it was as far as the eye could see. Maybe 300. Image was the lead element of 40 guys, the rear got bogged down with crashes.

There was less crashing Early on it seemed. Than as numbers swelled to2-300 a side it got nasty. Apparently Hyperion did a much better job maybe it was all Brando of spreading forces out.

The SA would have failed either way. We didnt demand enough from member guilds. I realized it was going to fail one day when we got wiped with the clan stone 3/4ths of the way down and as my guys are reequiping we realize everyne else is naked. Ats wasnt there. I ask why all the nakeds? The response is no more gear?
    I shoulda let Image quit then. But we stuck through it to the embarassing end.[/quote]

I give IMAGE respect for not quitting when they knew they were surrounded by incompetence. I don't see it as ignorance, i see it as commitment to the bitter end. That's what happens when people have a Vested interest in something. They stay longer then they know they should have.

I also know we had more then 200 guys that day. In fact, i would have guessed more like 350+. The beach finished us off. As soon as people hit the beach, they dropped out. I lost every member of ATS at the beach save 1 or 2. Finished before we even started.

You guys were up front, and i think that stopped you from getting the brunt of the lag. We came in Behind BkB because we were coming from ottenhall.

The numbers in many of the df battles were astronomical. I remember having 40-50 DBC, 80 SOTA and 300+ Hyperion at some of the battles. Not to mention our opponents fielding 300+. I was in leaders chats for hypertron and it was impressive the amount of organization involved.
    If the foundation of Hypertrons leadership was more solid, it wouldn't have been fair, the havoc they would have caused on the server.

[b]TangerineSky wrote:[/b]
    [quote]If the foundation of Hypertrons leadership was more solid, it wouldn't have been fair, the havoc they would have caused on the server.[/quote]

I know the feeling sky.

[b]Brutix wrote:[/b]
    [quote]All these Darkfall stories are pissing me off.[/quote]

How about a 'darkfall veterans' thread in OT and you all piss off and circle jerk over your memories in there?

Surly and Red let me listen to one or two. I was impressed with dbc and anvil. Hyperion not so much.
    The mercs well i was impressed though i dont kniw if im impressed they can geind that much.

[b]LanMandragon wrote:[/b]
    [quote]Surly and Red let me listen to one or two. I was impressed with dbc and anvil. Hyperion not so much.
    The mercs well i was impressed though i dont kniw if im impressed they can geind that much.[/quote]

The worst part about Hyperion officer chat was the pomp and circumstance.

Manus would log on in the middle of a battle and immediately take over.

The last real battle before Hyperion died (That Hamlet NW of the Dwarf lands) Manus marched the entire army right between two enemy armies.

I was leading an advance party and it was devastating listening to everyone get wiped out on vent. It was probably the most one sided and devastating battle in DFO history.