Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifeless World

Lifeless World

While the map, terrain, environments, weather, etc- are all top notch
    After running around for a few hours it feels like a dead, virtual game world

I have read and heard many comments about the animals that are killable that do not exist yet- but besides those, what of the ambiance?

Where are the nature sounds? Crickets? Bugs? Bees?
    Birds?
    Fish?
    Flowers?
    Bushes?
    Falling leaves?
    Pine cones? (Tahoe is overly abundant)

I hope these little details are not forgotten as they can make the difference in immersion

If you want ambiance go light some candles and put some bubble bath in your tub.. this is supposed to be a pvp game.. lets work on fixing that first. Although I agree that stuff needs attention.. LAG and PVP need to be priority.

I think more sound is coming? At least I think I heard someone or seen something to that effect.

i agree. there should be atleast birds, bugs are on the tad small side to really notice.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    If you want ambiance go light some candles and put some bubble bath in your tub.. this is supposed to be a pvp game.. lets work on fixing that first. Although I agree that stuff needs attention.. LAG and PVP need to be priority.
    No no no, teh game needs more ambiance. Lag needs to be fixed. PVP aswell but lag first since this obviously is a crafting game!

yeah it's turning more and more into roller coaster tycoon.

Yup, the world is a little lifeless and virtual. ( I wonder why). Ambient sounds, music soundtrack, and more animals/creatures should really liven it up though

Oh btw, coca was that post even in the right thread? Seems rather pointless

I totally agree that at the moment the world is very lifeless. I went on a hyke up the mountains yesteday and although the world looked credible ie the tree, the rocks and the amazing view of the lake and surrounding areas but something was missing. Where were the :

- Flowers
    - Insects
    - Birds
    - Small animals

Even some birds singing sounds would go someway to improve this. It too Darkfall over a year to add in small animals - I hope Xsyon can get some more flora and fauna added ASAP.

The world looks incredible for a limited graphics engine but really some life to it.

One quick way would be to make nights actually dark - that gives a game a ton of atmosphere. Torches and campfire become essential and it makes people come together for light. This was the one thing that Mortal Online really did very well.

I agree and I think the devs should also comment on this. Will we see some attention to environmental details like there is in other sandbox games? Wurm Online and A Tale in the Desert for example. Were going to be spending a long time in this world and we need more to see then just water and trees !

not only animal / plants
    It takes ruins, debris of human construction
    among others that mark post-apocalyptic world hum but agree with one topic that I read, it seems we are back at the time of the caves