Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Basically everything listed in your first post is griefing. I'm all for PVP and I intend to do alot of it in this game, but players like you who thrive on ruining a players day always ruins a good PVP game. But you do what must be done, I look forward to getting my share of griefers heads on a stick.
    might have missed me posting this:

A guide clarified for me what was griefing: about 20 kills in about an hour....you could do everything the OP listed and be done in 5 kills, well under griefer territory...and even then they said you get a warning about it first. Ive come close in game, and i know ive been reported for griefing, never a peep back or a warning or a "your getting close to a warning buddy"

Its going to be difficult to grief, and it reall is going to take effort and actually harass them i think.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    I have to say the PVP world has changed a lot, and reading what you just said, makes me laugh because We've done that shit in Eve, UO, Camlot etc.. other games.
    The PVP world hasn't changed at all, you just have to accept you're playing their game which is trying to achieve things differently to most MMO's, and the developers don't favour PVP because that wasn't their goal in this game. EVE, UO, Camelot, DFall was built around PVP, this is built around crafting. I can't imagine this game nourishing your desire to grief the hell out of players for long.

pvp is more than jsut Player Vs Player

PVP is a way of Playing, so do know what PVP is?
    pvp is exactly player vs player whether it is killing one another, crafting/gathering, trading. Anytime you are competing with another player is pvp, for example market trading in eve online is a form of pvp, another xyson example someone trading with one but not another because of alignment is considered pvp. PVP is not only killing someone, denying another of a resource or item is also a form of pvp.

as i said before pvp is a misused term, most griefers just don't know what it truly is. Unfortunately i think alot of this is because of the console era but thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    The PVP world hasn't changed at all, you just have to accept you're playing their game which is trying to achieve things differently to most MMO's, and the developers don't favour PVP because that wasn't their goal in this game. EVE, UO, Camelot, DFall was built around PVP, this is built around crafting. I can't imagine this game nourishing your desire to grief the hell out of players for long.
    UO - Based on Simple Sandbox pleasure gameplay; PVP was a side-affect of them not thinking ahead. Origion when with it and created the single most indepth PVP system. Full Loot, combat and most of all Content. UO also help deisgn Housing, Custom housing Deisngs, etc.. UO was mainly a gmae where players can live and have fun.

Eve- Built around Intense Space Concept; and Questing Not PVP

Darkfall - Built around PVP

Camelot - Built around Building Castles/ Cities etc..

did you play any of these games man?

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    pvp is exactly player vs player whether it is killing one another, crafting/gathering, trading. Anytime you are competing with another player is pvp, for example market trading in eve online is a form of pvp, another xyson example someone trading with one but not another because of alignment is considered pvp. PVP is not only killing someone, denying another of a resource or item is also a form of pvp.

as i said before pvp is a misused term, most griefers just don't know what it truly is. Unfortunately i think alot of this is because of the console era but thats another story.
    Possibly however, PVP is now only used in terms for "Player vs Player combat" not Trading Wars etc... However on a Historic Level you are 100% right.

Eve- Built around Intense Space Concept; and Questing Not PVP
    i have to laugh at this, eve was built around pvp and alliance/corporation building. eve is all about controlling the resources and since you called it questing you must have not played, you run missions in eve and these missions are just a pure after thought.

Possibly however, PVP is now only used in terms for "Player vs Player combat" not Trading Wars etc... However on a Historic Level you are 100% right.
    that is why i say it is a misused term and that most pker's don't know the true meaning of it, until you can understand what it is than i don't think anyone can be called a true pvper but simply a pker out to ruin anothers gameplay. You have to understand a game like xyson needs the crafters to survive if you run them off then the game will die a very slow death or the pkers will simply get bored because they will have to craft their own crap

there are 2 crowds here, the true pvp'rs that are here for the tribal warfare then the pker's that just want to gank and grief

Camelot - Built around Building Castles/ Cities etc..

did you play any of these games man?
    Uhh? You couldn't build a damn thing in DAoC, it was all about (until ToA introduced a bunch of lameass raid junk) PvP/RvR and conquering territory/relics.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrueak View Post
    i don't know about ultima online, eve online it depends, 0.0 is mostly kill on sight if you don't belong to alliance with one exception been a while since i played so i can't remember the alliance name but i know they were mostly ammarrian, but basically 0.0 is alliance warfare, low sec is all about the gankers this is where most of the pirate corps reside. high sec is mostly pve oriented but has corp warfare which alot if pvp corps wardec indy corps. then of course you have the high sec pirates. there are a few bounty hunter or mercenary corps but are few of them.

I loved eve online and just to prove i'm not a pvp wuss i was a low sec pirate at times would be -10 in security rating, other times i'd be in high sec if my sec status was high enough and can flip. My feelings about pvp comes from being on both sides of the fence. I understand both sides which is why i think eve did it right with their pvp. it was possible to gank in high sec but as long as you weren't stupid you were safe. the same cannot be said with xyson in the starting areas. Solo players will even have a harder time than tribes. I pretty much agree tribal areas should not be safe but homesteads should be.

I used to pirate in eve, four of the five years i played (taking a year break but still training skills) so i do like pvp, but pvp in this game is just boring.
    If they improve it , then i'm sure i will often pvp, but for now it's just see what all this carebear stuff has to offer.

IMO, real pvp is Player(s)v. Player(s) killing or controlling others for strategic advantage or for show of dominance over one that possibly has a chance of PvP skill or preparedness.

Those who call themselves PvP'rs that camp spawn points, noob areas or repeatedly kill some crafter for kicks while they won't attempt real pvp by going against someone(s) who might be prepared are just cowards, griefers and wanna-be pvp'rs.

Only time will tell if this will actually be a world-building MMO with open pvp or reduce itself to another darkfall/MO gankfest.