Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    well that also would be situational wouldnt it? say you kill someone, they make it to the totem..you hide behind a tree, they leave you kill them, they make it back, you stalk them..waiting right outside the ring for them to make it an inch out, and kill them..
    repeat that every 3 minutes...does that seem slightly griefing to you?

No it doesn't, why would the one person continue to try the same route over and over?

Lets do a stupid for instance since thats the "in" thing to do now.
    Lets assume what you said IS griefing, now. I'm a crappy lil noob, and your a super badass. You are scavenging a junk pile and don't like that I have come over using it, I wont leave when you ask so you kill me. I immediately come right back and you kill me again... after a few times with this I report you. Now I the lowly noob have a junkpile all to myself because your a griefing POS that kept killing me whenever I was near you.
    Sound slightly ridiculous?

Our Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service are clear.

Cases presented to the Guides will be reviewed and judged at their discretion as is typical in games of this genre.

seems more like your asking "what is the definitive well drawn edge of the griefing cliff, so I may toe that edge, but be sure not to fall off"

regardless of your above situation, griefing would be "singling out a target for repeated attempts at duress, for no other motive than to harrass the player for personal enjoyment, with no intent or focus on gains made by such actions"

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

Cases presented to the Guides will be reviewed and judged at their discretion as is typical in games of this genre.
    Thats enough for me...lets lock her up (the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post

Bam!! like I said, situational ^_^ By the Xsyon as a fellow Lead Designer <3 I love the game so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dxwarlock View Post
    seems more like your asking "what is the definitive well drawn edge of the griefing cliff, so I may toe that edge, but be sure not to fall off"

regardless of your above situation, griefing would be "singling out a target for repeated attempts at duress, for no other motive than to harrass the player for personal enjoyment, with no intent or focus on gains made by such actions"
    Those gains could be keeping a person or tribe from using up resources that the aggressors plan on harvesting. That type of situation could certainly cause a person to die "20 times in an hour". Maybe, the person who keeps getting killed gears up after each death and runs back out of the tribe safety zone, which would mean loot is the gain.

This game needs to be very careful with what they actually consider "griefing".

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Those gains could be keeping a person or tribe from using up resources that the aggressors plan on harvesting. That type of situation could certainly cause a person to die "20 times in an hour". Maybe, the person who keeps getting killed gears up after each death and runs back out of the tribe safety zone, which would mean loot is the gain.

This game needs to be very careful with what they actually consider "griefing".
    then those action would have a purpose in the context of the game..and wouldnt be for purely personal enjoyment of harrassing the player..as there is an intended ingame purpose for such actions.

the above outline would still fit that sitation and not define it as griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    Bam!! like I said, situational ^_^ By the Xsyon as a fellow Lead Designer <3 I love the game so far.
    Situational is good, because i feel that i have a good reason for every kill after the initial "hey how ya doing" kill.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Situational is good, because i feel that i have a good reason for every kill after the initial "hey how ya doing" kill.
    but is that reason "primarily for getting enjoyment out of causing duress for that player?" then it would be infact griefing...
    just because you dont like a label doesn't mean its not applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    In some of the world's more uncivilized societies, some of the more barbaric citizens go for a "hey how ya doing" wave instead. Shocking, I know.

But hey, you got your answer, and not only that, it looks like the door might be open for you to explain your actions in a given situation, if the guide decided to let you.