Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Post the Griefing policy right here right now

To the guides, lay it out so there is no confusion, so we all know what it is and when we are crossing the line.

I was told about 20 kills in about an hour for a warning. That seems reasonable, however its still unclear and i think we need a sticky with the policy laid out in plain english (possibly amish too)

What comes around goes around!! I bet thats it

how can you put restrictions on kills per hour in an open world sandbox mmo?

I'll be keeping a close eye out for those Amish gankers!

Quote Originally Posted by dukaal View Post
    how can you put restrictions on kills per hour in an open world sandbox mmo?
    I really dont see how you can grief if your not spawn camping, but regardless they do have a no greifing policy...a dagger in the heart of all that a sandbox stands for.

either way people need to know what it is asap and what our limits are.

5. Rules of Conduct:

You will not display inappropriate conduct while you have access to the game and its content. Such conduct includes but is not limited to:

1. Any action that directly, or otherwise, interferes with server or network in such a way that was not intended by the creators.

2. Any action that directly, or otherwise, interferes with other game users in such a way that was not intended by the creators.

3. Use of third party software that would give you or anyone else an advantage of any form.

4. Exploitation of the Software or the Service for material gain outside of the game.

5. Abuse, harass, threaten another player or representative of Notorious Games.

6. Use of any words that are deemed offensive or threatening or that may be sexually explicit . Use of words using symbols, different languages, or different forms of writing, including internet based ones like Leet, that represent the previous mentioned words will be treated in the same way.

7. Organizing or becoming a member of a group that targets other players based on sex, race, religion, creed, or sexual orientation.

8. Failing to abide by any rules given to you at any time in any form by Notorious Games representatives.

9. Impersonating any member of Notorious Games, volunteer, person of authority, declare to be one, or forge proof of any form that makes it appear you are a person of staff or authority.

10. Violation of any real world laws or regulations.

11. Advertising, promoting or participating in any form of solicitation in the game world for real world gain.

12. Trading, purchasing, advertising, or selling any product that is not an in game product or service.

13. Arranging for, or transferring pirated content of any form.

14. Providing or using a Xsyon emulator.

15. Providing false information when registering for Xsyon.

16. Attempting to hack or decipher Xsyon servers.

17. Sharing account passwords.

18. Encouraging others to break these rules.

Failure to follow these rules will result in temporary or permanent ban from Xsyon. A ban will result in a Termination of Service as outlined below. enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of Notorious Games and it's representatives.

Yeah thats not their griefing policy

Do we need to start posting funny photos to get a guide in here?

oh and is pve player a sexual orientation?...if it is im in trouble.

It's a creed; you're fooked.

5. Abuse, harass, threaten another player or representative of Notorious Games.

I can think of several ways to apply the word 'harass' that would put a stop to repeatedly killing a specific player, threatening to kill that player next time they leave their area, or flooding /w or /s with verbal abuse directed at that player.

it's sad that a griefing policy needs to be asked for, most mature players should already know what griefing is and just don't do it.