Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Its called forum PVP, there are many players and many pk's that have occured in the last few hours.
    i keep getting griefed also by others arguing against me :P

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    I'd love to hear your ideas on how, in a sandbox with complete freedom, including no safe zones, any 'smaller dudes' will be able to gain any power or resources, much less hold on to them. Are you saying as a solo player I should be able to build a keep that a tribe of 100 can't take down? Pretty much a safe zone, then, isn't it? And pretty much what we have in the game, at least for the moment.

For whatever reason, I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Probably my experiences with other pvp games and their inevitable mega-guilds got me started. And I just can't think of a way to have a diversity of tribe sizes (it really doesn't matter if you're talking the minimum 1 against 10 or 10 against 100) when numbers matter, only the ones with numerical superiority will be able to actually play the game. And players know this right from the start. So the will to power players immediately join forces, grow their numbers, organize, form coalitions, then sweep through the game world, conquering. And that's it. The game is pretty much over from that point forward, except for those who enjoy being in the biggest, baddest guild in the game. There's no purpose to it, it's stagnant, there's no life left in a game once this happens.
    really that's some black and white stereotyping right there, not everything has to be dealt with force you know, thats the reason behind politics, sure there's going to be a big bad dude sometime, but that big bad dude is going to attract alot of heat and that will be the placeholder for people to gather and put that big bad boy in his place, that's what politics is about

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    really thats some black and white sterotyping right there, not everything has to be dealth with force you know, thats the reason behind politics, sure theres going to be a big bad dude sometime, but that big bad dude is going to attract alot of heat and that will be the placeholder for people to gather and put that big bad boy in is place, thats what politics is about
    hes anti-pvp and wants more safe zones, hence the disagreement with your correct sandbox definition.

Right now, tribe defensive structures and guards and whatnot are not in game, so the safe areas are kind of needed, despite i dislike them and dont want them anyway. This game is under development so a lot of things havent been fleshed out, other than whats going on in game now....

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceReaper View Post
    really thats some black and white sterotyping right there, not everything has to be dealth with force you know, thats the reason behind politics, sure theres going to be a big bad dude sometime, but that big bad dude is going to attract alot of heat and that will be the placeholder for people to gather and put that big bad boy in is place, thats what politics is about
    Have yet to see politics in a pvp game go beyond the most simplistic imaginable ("Hey, let's team up and take their stuff and make them cry!" "Ok! Sweet!") and I have yet to see any 'big bad dude' guilds ever take meaningful heat from anyone in a game. Everyone is too busy trying to be the big bad dudes, on the grounds that it's the only thing that works in most pvp games.

Have yet to see politics in a pvp game go beyond the most simplistic imaginable ("Hey, let's team up and take their stuff and make them cry!" "Ok! Sweet!") and I have yet to see any 'big bad dude' guilds ever take meaningful heat from anyone in a game. Everyone is too busy trying to be the big bad dudes, on the grounds that it's the only thing that works in most pvp games.
    no pvp game has been like that for me, not even dakfall...you must hang out with some jerks if thats what you see in every pvp game...not to mention the strange curiosity of having these feeling towards pvp yet deciding to join a game with full loot FFA pvp....all very strange

Didn't you say you played Darkfall?

Big alliances have fallen or crumbled from both PvP and game politics. Go read the NA forum right now and see the heat TIA is getting. There are spies, backstabs, agreements, siege pacts, etc. Sounds like plenty of politics to me.

Small clans can't do anything, you say? We had about 20 actives in our little alliance and owned 2 holdings before having Dominion with us (and still have the 2 holdings along with access to their property). We do anything the larger clans/alliances do, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    no pvp game has been like that for me, not even dakfall...you must hang out with some jerks if thats what you see in every pvp game...not to mention the strange curiosity of having these feeling towards pvp yet deciding to join a game with full loot FFA pvp....all very strange
    What do you mean it's not in DF? The first thing a new player is told is, "It's fun when you join a guild. You have to join a guild. Join a guild. Join a guild." And then as soon as you do join a guild, you find out you're part of a coalition, or if you aren't, you get to watch your guild leaders hop frantically around trying to ally with bigger guilds. And then it's supposed to get fun, only it doesn't. It's boring and pointless and crowded and restrictive. As I've said before, some people like it, but I can't stand it.

depends on the game you play, sure you see more stuff like that in darkfall because everyone is out for themselves and everyone is so disconnected from each other by the way they interact with each other, mainly the world is 2 big, with 2 little presence etc.

but for example, look at mortal, look at its past war history, there was thirteen, they created alot of trouble of the server, they got dealt with, myrm created alot of trouble, they got dealt with, funny enough by thirteen so thats why there needs to be risk, to make people think twice about their actions.

But its a sandbox and well, not all the time the good guy wins, for example, top alliance, was crushed eventully but saved by chaos alliance who has tried to stay neutral and aborbed the reminder of top alliance, you have wessex the KBI kingdom, which is not a aggessor, and pretty much beat down TnA (SS) because they went around causing trouble in thier lands.

so really its down to the game, and how well people interact with each other, and the risk involved.

This thread is great for discussing ideas and solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    This thread is great for discussing ideas and solutions.
    Really testing out that color function...i like...keep up the good work...adds pizzaz to the thread