Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    This thread is great for discussing ideas and solutions.
    i just pooped

That is an interesting view of things to say the least....

Xsyon has the potential to be one of the leading sandbox games and the developer behind it I applaud for coming this far and I hope that the game has a massive success but I am not nice enough to pay for a product that im not satisfied with or the game i am looking for.

I subbed only because its obvious the developer here has a passion for the game they develop, the communication to the community is spot on, even admitting his own fault and rewarding the community with an additional 2 weeks of free time but I would really like to get a clear answer on just how much freedom this game is going to offer.

From what people tell me so far, is that the developer doesn't want people to able to grief but I think there should be many options and this can come in many forms, for example for the mechanic I suggested of the top of my head, the option to not get griefed is there, but then building in the safe zone comes with its own negatives, but then there's the positives to it, your free from most forms of griefing, and then you can risk being griefed (See it as a extra risk) because in the end of the day, griefing is not that big of a problem as some are making out because you do get some twats but those twats can be squashed out or silenced by means less extreme, by adding in extra risk.

for example, you should leave traces of your evil deeds which "trackers" can spot, depending on what action the "bad dude/griefer" took, which haven and hearth for example has adopted a system like this with extreme repercussions because it has perma death, so you can track the player to their "hideout" and kill them or loot them for example.

how about this? bad players stay ingame. that's a big risk there. they would have to have a fortress or a bandit camp to actually be able to sleep soundly at night right

People getting killed over and over again? well not much can be done about that, when its the own persons stupidity that getting them killed in the first place, its like the moth that flies into the flame and roasts itself, if the player is stupid enough to revive next to his killer then that's his own fault.

but then there should be the option, so if they only res where their dead body is then that's a problem, but then again just reviving out of the blue it self is a bad mechanic in it self, maybe the player needs to be revived by a shaman which can be either player or NPC or the player can revive from their "homes" "beds" etc.

about raiding, its not like a player is going to raid a place 24 7, if anything, players would adopt to the system, its the developers that need to implement means for players to combat raiding by traps, hidden stashes etc, locks....even a timer (say the raiders destroy a chest, there is a timer on it, before they can raid it, which gives the "Defenders/ones attacked" the OPTION to get their stuff.

for example, if anything about safe zones, give players forewarning about "suspicious people, or bandits near their camp" by allowing the players the OPTION to build an alarm system though implementing it by having "spotter guard posts" , wires tied around trees, which triggers an alarm"

something like that.

or just use the mechanic I described in my first post, with there being a safe/noobie/zone with its own negatives so people can have the OPTION!

I hope i am getting somewhere

From what I heard the devs are pretty openminded in this game; like Prince Reaper I agree that you need to add a lil bit more sand or you jsut end up with wurm with better graphics. Siege Weapons are cool but they get old fast. I am very curious to see how the Tribal warfare goes.

P.S im not some dude who just found out about the game a week ago or something <--- look at my join date aug 2010, I've been following this game since august when I had a small presence on mortal online server as one of the chaos alliance founders (secretly there would be no chaos alliance if i didn't suggest it to wz, as aco was my buddies) and that was one of the first few alliances to get a keep (would not have keep if it wasn't for aco) in the game same day as TnA got theres and I was leader of ghost division (band of misfits)...but that's all in the past now had to give up cause its 2 stressful so im now just taking it easy

so when I say I want to build a empire i really mean it

EDIT:

Empire of money ....Finance a few wars here and there :P money/resource= power ..come to me if you want a loan for a war "Muhahhaha"