View Poll Results: Positional Audio Support For Mumble???

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wowzers!!!!

7 87.50%
  • Mehhhh

1 12.50%

Lightbulb Positional Audio Support For Mumble!!!

Hey... How about it? I think positional audio would be pretty epic in a game like this. Others in the IRC chat seem to agree.

Our tribe just got a mumble server the other day and the idea popped in my head as I looked through the list of positional audio plugins for other games.

Brentor
    of FOUR TWENTY

This could possibly be the greatest idea ever in the history of this game... if PAS could be implemented into this game it could be a game changer in the vast..... vast numbers to come this direction. Thanks Brentor for bring it up..... what would it take to make this work?

This is very much needed!

are you refering to sound direction etc? because so far I already have that on my headset and can tell which side behind infront footsteps and so forth come from.. Many good headsets have software that provide this with games now. Mostly its built in.

Yeah I have a razer megaladon headset with surround sound too, which is great for telling where footsteps are coming from, but what I'm talking about is positional voices. That's what the Mumble plugins do for other games like WoW, LOTR, and a bunch of FPSes.

I don't know if I would consider it essential but it would certainly make the game more immersive for tribes. It's basically a step further toward VR.

Brentor
    of FOUR TWENTY

Come on peeps we need more support for this!