Princereapers collection of suggestions!

6 30 am so I am going to just quote some of my posts. when I wake up again, I post some more suggestions xD

A alternate to safe zones, etc, to catering to all playstyles at the same time with pros and cons with many options involved

personally I think that safe zone should be restricted to a part of the world and the tribes who want safe zones can go and build there, but the resources there are not as good, so they have to work harder, where someone who takes the risk, can get rewarded by less hard work because they took the risk of getting the better resources in the dangerous "world ending lands :P"

the options there right everyone is happy in the end of the day.

And to give people more options! they can choose to have safe zones in those lands that are deemed "safe zone"able" meaning only certain areas in the world you can have the option to have a safe zone "but these zones are generally lackluster in terms of location and resources"

and a way to implement a system for players to police themselves etc, from forewarnings/alarm system that will allow them to muster a defence/get out of there with resources
    you do get some twats but those twats can be squashed out or silenced by means less extreme, by adding in extra risk.

for example, you should leave traces of your evil deeds which "trackers" can spot, depending on what action the "bad dude/griefer" took, which haven and hearth for example has adopted a system like this with extreme repercussions because it has perma death, so you can track the player to their "hideout" and kill them or loot them for example.

how about this? bad players stay ingame. that's a big risk there. they would have to have a fortress or a bandit camp to actually be able to sleep soundly at night right

People getting killed over and over again? well not much can be done about that, when its the own persons stupidity that getting them killed in the first place, its like the moth that flies into the flame and roasts itself, if the player is stupid enough to revive next to his killer then that's his own fault.

but then there should be the option, so if they only res where their dead body is then that's a problem, but then again just reviving out of the blue it self is a bad mechanic in it self, maybe the player needs to be revived by a shaman which can be either player or NPC or the player can revive from their "homes" "beds" etc.

about raiding, its not like a player is going to raid a place 24 7, if anything, players would adopt to the system, its the developers that need to implement means for players to combat raiding by traps, hidden stashes etc, locks....even a timer (say the raiders destroy a chest, there is a timer on it, before they can raid it, which gives the "Defenders/ones attacked" the OPTION to get their stuff.

for example, if anything about safe zones, give players forewarning about "suspicious people, or bandits near their camp" by allowing the players the OPTION to build an alarm system though implementing it by having "spotter guard posts" , wires tied around trees, which triggers an alarm"

something like that.

or just use the mechanic I described in my first post, with there being a safe/noobie/zone with its own negatives so people can have the OPTION!

I hope i am getting somewhere
    really just get rid of the virtual restrictions and implement pros /cons with risk vs reward, with detection for evil deeds which can be punished by players etc, aka you find the bitch later, kill him and loot him

I don't really care how much risk is involved for killing players, but the option should be there....."even if its perma death, staying ingame 24 7, etc"

Just PLEASE remove the virtual restrictions and allow players to police themselves, this is involving guild/tribe mechinics which are not allowing members to build there (its extreme for me to ask for this , and yet its extreme to put this in) it should be up to guild members to police members I think...its a sandbox "there should be choice and it should be down to the player"

ITS ABOUT FREEDOM AND CHOICE OK!! REMEMBER THAT 101 TO BUILDING A SANDBOX!

personally I think that safe zone should be restricted to a part of the world and the tribes who want safe zones can go and build there, but the resources there are not as good, so they have to work harder, where someone who takes the risk, can get rewarded by less hard work because they took the risk of getting the better resources in the dangerous "world ending lands :P"

the options there right everyone is happy in the end of the day.
    "
    I agree. This is the only way to make both side of the playerbase happy. Otherwise all this whining will never end. Split up the map to 50%-50%, put rare resources and rare recipe books to the outlaw area and everyone is happy.