Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compass

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    My point is that the GPS currently in game is SUPERIOR to a compass. I for one would like to see cartography added and the GPS taken out so that you actually had to have skills or a friend who could navigate the world for you. Then I think it would be a great idea. I'm just asking why add it now when you have total GPS already?
    because i like compass's - they are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    because i like compass's - they are cool.
    Fair enough. Pointless, but as long as you're happy Keith.

Does anyone know if the sun works properly in-game (i.e. rises in the East and sets in the West)? Hadn't thought to make a note of it over the past couple of days and can't get in to check myself due to the server being down. Certainly wouldn't replace the functionality of a compass but could be a useful navigation tool until the game's technology level evolves.

Take the Lat/Long out of the game, and add a compass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarantium View Post
    Does anyone know if the sun works properly in-game (i.e. rises in the East and sets in the West)? Hadn't thought to make a note of it over the past couple of days and can't get in to check myself due to the server being down. Certainly wouldn't replace the functionality of a compass but could be a useful navigation tool until the game's technology level evolves.
    As far as I am aware, yes. Some guildies and I were able to discern our general direction based off the sun's movement. Suppsoedly starss are the same, so you could navigate by the North star?

The gps feature would be alot more useful if they had an in game map to compare too..
    I get around fine without it but it is obvisouly a problem to some people and by having it doesn't take away from my experience without it at all... I'm sure if they implemented a compass you wouldn't have to look at it tazerboy.

troll me more.. I love it.