Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compass

Compass

Simple suggestion: Once we reach a certain level of technology, we should be able to craft compass to get around more easily on the map.

A certain level of technology??? We should be able to make them straight away. Compasses are the easiest of things to make.... get a magnet and a metal object and bam you can make a compass. Scavenging for these items could be good.. low grade compasses could be slightly accurate (sometimes give false readings maybe) up to the better ones which are more accurate.

You have a GPS that is better than a compass.

Make it craftble and add some really rare resources as requirements.

I would think a coordinate reader would be easy to code.

You have a coordinate reader already... Why do you need it made into an item? Are you suggesting that they remove the in game GPS, and require a tool to find your location? If so that makes more sense to me than making a pointless tool that does something every player can already do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    You have a coordinate reader already... Why do you need it made into an item? Are you suggesting that they remove the in game GPS, and require a tool to find your location? If so that makes more sense to me than making a pointless tool that does something every player can already do.
    what's wrong with a compass?

I'm sure it will be in game at some point, it just makes sense.

My point is that the GPS currently in game is SUPERIOR to a compass. I for one would like to see cartography added and the GPS taken out so that you actually had to have skills or a friend who could navigate the world for you. Then I think it would be a great idea. I'm just asking why add it now when you have total GPS already?

This idea has been on these forums quite a lot. He's said he doesn't want to keep the current coordinate system in game, but will come up with something to replace it. You can expect a compass/map system at some point, there's just other stuff that is more important to get done currently. The current coordinate system works for now, so it's fine.