Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bah i think solo can't be done in a world after an apocalipse...
    when i see this game i see a lot of the genesis of shannara ^^
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armageddon%27s_Children
    a world destroyed by wars with a few people and a lot of mutant/monster where the survivors make fortress for survive vs enemy and people alone can't survive a long time
    a world with no tecnology but with a lot of "old items" like cars / electrics weapon etc (but 99% of this don't works :P)

Greetings Homesteaders,

Recently The Nomads have had a number of potential homesteaders PM me regarding their "solo" concerns. Knowing that The Nomads are free-spirit wanderers who are perfectly suited to the "solo" and "casual" play style because " we do what we want, whenever we want, and however we want, they contacted us to get more information.

I've sent this reply to several, and I would like to copy/paste it here in hopes that it will appeal to some of you with similar concerns. If reading this sparks your interest, you can read more about The Nomads in the Tribal Recruitment section of this website. A few of you have already joined us, and we would like to extend an invitation to the rest of you. If ultimately you find that The Nomads fit your needs, please register by posting into our Nomad Recruitment thread at www.nomadsofxsyon.com. Hope to see you there

"The Nomads are a neutral tribe who aims to be friendly to all people who do not wish us harm or ill will. We welcome homesteaders who wish to settle near us and affiliate with the the Nomad Empire. Having said that, you
    are right to be concerned about roaming the dangerous land of Xsyon without totem protection.

I don't know if you've read our tribe recruitment post, but many in the Nomad tribe are just like you. Players
    with a tendency to want to go at it alone. The Nomads are a tribe that is perfectly suited for the solo and casual play style. Everything that would be available to you as a homesteader, is available to you as a Nomad, and more!

Our vision is to give every Nomad their own strip of land where they can build their home and do with it as they wish. Furthermore, you can stay in your strip and be left alone to do what you want, when you want, and however you want to do it. Obviously, that will not happen over night. We have to build our foundation first, meaning grow our empire, before we can gain these wonderful benefits. But make no mistake about it, it will happen, and wouldn't it be satisfying to know that you were a part of making it happen from the very beginning?

In short, we do not place restrictions, or pigeon-hole our membership into doing things they don't want to do. Although we will welcome you as a Nomad affiliate, we would love to have you join us as we strive to build a great Nomad empire. Go in peace and see you in world soon"

Ashanti
    Creed Guardian
    Nomads of Xsyon

It is possible to solo, you will need to trade with others or, like someone else said steal maybe. I have been playing solo most of the time and intend to after launch. You can follow the story here - http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ing-or-the-end
    I will write the story based on real events daily as they happen after final final wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
    i don't understand... why play a mmo if u wanna play in solo? just play in a singleplayer game offline and u solved all problem...
    If you need to ask this question friend then there is no point answering....simple fact is you will just never get it

Quote Originally Posted by shukes View Post
    If you need to ask this question friend then there is no point answering....simple fact is you will just never get it
    but but but i don't understand why he don't understand.

argh

man i'm so confused!

It is really difficult to get established, as someone already said (especially if you don't take the easy, cheater way out). But once you're set up with basic tools and storage, you can leave your area. If you want to stand a good chance against the pesky solo pvpers, you can stick around one spot awhile longer and get some armor, maybe a good offhand weapon.

After that, you're free to die however you happen to die out in the cold, cruel world, as long as you never carry anything on you that you can't replace. Now you can explore, find chalk, obsidian, flint, basalt, travel around and trade, secure in the knowledge that if you do fall prey to a pker, you can quickly regather and remake what you need. But those first days, maybe even a week or so, depending on time played and luck of the recipe rng, are tough and require some serious patience!

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    It is really difficult to get established, as someone already said (especially if you don't take the easy, cheater way out). But once you're set up with basic tools and storage, you can leave your area. If you want to stand a good chance against the pesky solo pvpers, you can stick around one spot awhile longer and get some armor, maybe a good offhand weapon.

After that, you're free to die however you happen to die out in the cold, cruel world, as long as you never carry anything on you that you can't replace. Now you can explore, find chalk, obsidian, flint, basalt, travel around and trade, secure in the knowledge that if you do fall prey to a pker, you can quickly regather and remake what you need. But those first days, maybe even a week or so, depending on time played and luck of the recipe rng, are tough and require some serious patience!
    you can have a hidden basket at every junk yard and trading center.
    I like the idea, I am very tempted to play that way myself but I decided to go the 'team player' route and help build a village. I very well might go loner for a few months though if I play long term

Playing solo in a sandbox is basically playing the game on "Hard" mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    2. There's nothing in the mountains that the people at the junk piles need. Therefore you have nothing that could be used to trade against stuff made from junk piles.
    I believe finding wildlife will be easier for people who aren't filthy zergers. So maybe that'll come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    you can have a hidden basket at every junk yard and trading center.
    I like the idea, I am very tempted to play that way myself but I decided to go the 'team player' route and help build a village. I very well might go loner for a few months though if I play long term
    I kind of like the idea of being a travelling merchant, I figure at first I'll just be easy PKer bait, but after awhile all that running should build up some skills, and some speed. And if mounts/carts/pack mules and such are ever introduced, that could be really fun for a trader to figure out the best way to go about it.