Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Again, I am all for PvP in the game but in Mortal there was the same talk during beta.

"It won't be like this after launch"

"The community will police themselves"

The issue is that when you cater to the FFA PVP ALL THE TIEM crowd you let them dig their roots into the game and then there aren't enough people left to police. They've all given up on yet another ruined effort by the crowd. What you then have is a death match ala Mortal where you have BRB, Myrmidon, and all those other nonces running about bashing each other over the head and posting youtube videos about it.

The people that tell us that FFA PvP everywhere all the time is a good thing have other motives.

PVP is not just combat. I can undercut your prices on goods and services. I can chop down and haul off all the trees surrounding your camp. These are just a couple of alternative methods of PVP. Some people have very narrow views on just what is and is not PVP. Trading and crafting is PVP.

For player policing to work there has to be some sort of motivation to save you. If you';re being attacked what's in it for me to risk my gear and death penalty to save you? Player policing works great, but you have to give them a reason to want to protect you.

A motive to policing would be good karma or favors with your tribe standing and the Gods perhaps. Maybe the Devs should make a reward for Good players to kill the Evil ones. This way if it is FFA then the players would actually police the game. If there is a bounty system in game you could put players names on there or if the Tribal totem permits. Create a quest that revolves around policing the land purging it of evil players.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post
    I'll put it simply: This would ruin the game.

A good sandbox game has to be a mix of PvE, worldbuilding, politics, crafting and PvP.

If these idiots want constant PvP, they can go play and FPS.

Look at EvE Online, the most successful sandbox game in the world at the minute. It has VERY harsh PvP and yet it's PvP isn't constantly "turned on". It's only in lower security areas that you can get real PvP without NPC intervention.

Ultima Online was the same, Star Wars Galaxies was the same etc etc.

Don't go the route of Darkfall and fail at sandbox gameplay by making it purely PvP.

I'm still waiting for my paycheck to come at the end of the month to buy this game, but then I'm certainly signing up. If you implemented the PvP changes these shortsighted fools suggested (look at Darkfall, all wolves and no sheep which leads to the game kinda sucking, look at Mortal Online too), I wouldn't be signing up.

I know a lot of other people who feel the same way.

That's all.

Farseer out.
    You mean like in EvE Online, the most successful sandbox out there at the moment?

There's a reason Darkfall only has 5~k subscriptions, and it's probably the same reason you guys left it. Because the plans you're suggesting are moronic.
    These are seriously some of the weakest and most fallacious arguments I have heard against DF since I have been reviewing this game.

First off, DF didn't fail/still failing because of the open world PvP. It failed for like 500 other reasons, the open PvPing not being one of them. It wasn't a true sandbox like we were led to believe, the grind, a development team that never listens to their community until 5 months down the road from their original problem, resource collection and management being too time consuming and mundane, GRIND, a combat system where everyone and their mom is a mage-caster-conan-the-barbarian-genghis-khan-fairy, among other things.

Your support for open world PvP is weak, it has very little basis as to why these other games failed, or were great. If you are going to argue such, find a better background to base it on. Instead of this false dichotomy stuff. You also dismiss the others who don't think like you. With new games comes new ways of doing things, maybe they can find a way to make it where PvP centric people and those who hate PvP can still work in the same environment without one annoying the other. People who enjoy to PvP to the max, are usually called "griefers" by carebears, ect, also play the game for the same reasons you do, hence why they aren't trying to play Black Ops atm.

If these idiots want constant PvP, they can go play and FPS.
    Well said, if all these idiots want is to fight, why not go play mount & blade? What good are most of the games feature list if you're one of these idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by ozmono View Post
    Well said, if all these idiots want is to fight, why not go play mount & blade? What good are most of the games feature list if you're one of these idiots?
    ok so if there are people who all the want to do is build and craft why not go play sims or just use some map builders to build cool citites? like it or not both sides have a right to play a game they paid for the way they want, yet both sides seem determined to not allow the other the same freedoms they themselves demand..................

PEOPLE are different get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    ok so if there are people who all the want to do is build and craft why not go play sims or just use some map builders to build cool citites? like it or not both sides have a right to play a game they paid for the way they want, yet both sides seem determined to not allow the other the same freedoms they themselves demand..................

PEOPLE are different get over it.
    I'm not saying anyone doesn't have the right to play the game. I just think they are idiots

I don't agree with your analogy. I hardly think the sims and map builders are funner alternatives while there are clearly better game options for combat.
    EDIT
    I have formed my opinion by playing both types of games.

Quote Originally Posted by santoclawz View Post
    Threads like this blow my mind.... When i first logged into Xsyon i had the same experience as many of the people who come to the forums and cry. I logged in was trying to get my bearings and was ganked, but you know what i got over it moved, left the spawn area gathered my pride and started playing the game.

I have only been in a handfull of fights since then it honestly seems to me the people who complain most about pvp are the people who are too stupid to learn how to avoid it when they dont want it.

I see alot of people complaining about naked griefers who run around and want no risk and all reward, but if you make this game too carebear then thats all anyone gets is no risk, all reward and one dull game.

So bottom line is get over it, get even, or go away with all this melodramatic BS and overly sensitive attitudes.
    This is not the game for you.

Refunds and the door are that way. ->

Quote Originally Posted by ozmono View Post
    Many of these people do not really want to fight, but they want to win. Winning is easier in this game than in real PvP games, hence why they play this game instead.