Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post
    Really?

As I've said many times... The game is advertised as open-PvP with tribal safe zones being removed after Prelude. So, who is actually trying to change Jordi's vision? Who didn't actually research the game? The only people pleading and begging are the ones who want his original idea nixed.

The whole 1v1/equal thing is ridiculous, FYI. If you're dueling... Fine. If you're trying to win, you do what you need to do. It's not going to be any different here. Maybe, you should read "Playing to Win".
    They're oddly enough probably the same type of people that like to extol the virtues of real world accuracy in a game; well, if there were an apocalypse that people lived through, the resulting world would be FFA PVP until communities and rudimentary governments like feudal structrues, were established.

Reality is crap, otherwise we wouldn't play games, watch movies, or read books.

While you're not giving in to the ffa pvp crowd, make sure not to give in to the superior numbers should control everything crowd, too.

Quote Originally Posted by scambammer View Post
    see...the the fear has you to the point that you are needlessly thowing insults around....fear, it does strange things...
    No because you're ignorant.....

When it comes to realism, the only thing I really want games to get right is the movement physics. My feeble brain has difficulty predicting movement if the physics don't mesh enough with what I'd expect to happen in real life. Hence why I do not have a subscription to Darkfall any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ifireallymust View Post
    Reality is crap, otherwise we wouldn't play games, watch movies, or read books.

While you're not giving in to the ffa pvp crowd, make sure not to give in to the superior numbers should control everything crowd, too.
    Philosophically I don't disagree with you about reality, however the guy making this game intends it to be realistic or facets of realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Cambion View Post
    No because you're ignorant.....
    Do you even know what ignorant means? I made a simple half joking statement and then poked fun at a troll or two and all I have gotten is nonsense responses out of you people, please call me a hypocrite like the other guy who doesn't understand the words he uses.....

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Philosophically I don't disagree with you about reality, however the guy making this game intends it to be realistic or facets of realism.
    Right. And the guy in question has also implemented safe zones during Prelude. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't say they should be permanent safe zones. I don't say the game shouldn't stick as close to reality as possible as often as possible, I like the realistic little details of crafting, for example, and the thing I dislike most is the scrap piles and our dependence on them. I think these are the least realistic aspect of crafting and will be glad when they're gone. Just the same, when reality infringes on enjoyment, it's time for reality to go!

Everyone likes to pvp. The problem is the griefer crowd from DFO and MO that see Xsyon as a new pasture. They know the game will have alot more crafters/gatherers then aforementioned games and they see this as a prime hunting/griefing ground. I like to pvp but when its either 1v1 or my guild vs your guild, THATS fun. But roving gangs of thrill killers picking off new players in noob zones does not good game play make, and is exactly what the pvp-only crowd usually degenerates to. They will deny this though and I understand why, but don't sit there and try to convince me its about freedom when you know its about laughing at the gatherer noob you just destroyed with 3 other friends, its insulting. I was born at night, but not last night.

2 games mentioned here, DF and MO, were both games I invested a lot of time in prior to launch. I never actually bought the games because of these types of player. Now admittedly I have already invested money here but that was purely because after reading up for 2 days I realised these DF/MO types were not chaning the game into something non sustainable and unprosperous.

Big budget games can invariably return my investment by their polish and fun for an extended period of time. Independed games by nature are a little more rough around the edges and niche. The last thing a game already restricting it's inteded audiance needs to do is attrack the types of player that will only harm the games development and propserity.

Keep up the focused work devs.