Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Don't Listen to "FFA PvP All The Time!"

I'll put it simply: This would ruin the game.

A good sandbox game has to be a mix of PvE, worldbuilding, politics, crafting and PvP.

If these idiots want constant PvP, they can go play and FPS.

Look at EvE Online, the most successful sandbox game in the world at the minute. It has VERY harsh PvP and yet it's PvP isn't constantly "turned on". It's only in lower security areas that you can get real PvP without NPC intervention.

Ultima Online was the same, Star Wars Galaxies was the same etc etc.

Don't go the route of Darkfall and fail at sandbox gameplay by making it purely PvP.

I'm still waiting for my paycheck to come at the end of the month to buy this game, but then I'm certainly signing up. If you implemented the PvP changes these shortsighted fools suggested (look at Darkfall, all wolves and no sheep which leads to the game kinda sucking, look at Mortal Online too), I wouldn't be signing up.

I know a lot of other people who feel the same way.

That's all.

Farseer out.

Even darkfall has safe NPC towns....

This, this, a thousand times this.

I still play Mortal and all it is is e-peen wagging and the scum of the Earth trolling each other 24/7. Everyone except a select few is red and all the reds do is go about killing new players which has stunted the growth of the game's population. Do not give in to the short-sighted PvPers; they will kill this game just like they are doing to Mortal.

FFA PVP everywhere all the time will attract the cancer from Mortal once they finish beating the dead horse over there. That is the last thing this game needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer View Post

A good sandbox game has to be a mix of PvE, worldbuilding, politics, crafting and PvP.

If these idiots want constant PvP, they can go play and FPS.

Look at EvE Online, the most successful sandbox game in the world at the minute. It has VERY harsh PvP and yet it's PvP isn't constantly "turned on". It's only in lower security areas that you can get real PvP without NPC intervention.

Ultima Online was the same, Star Wars Galaxies was the same etc etc.

Don't go the route of Darkfall and fail at sandbox gameplay by making it purely PvP.

I'm still waiting for my paycheck to come at the end of the month to buy this game, but then I'm certainly signing up. If you implemented the PvP changes these shortsighted fools suggested (look at Darkfall, all wolves and no sheep which leads to the game kinda sucking, look at Mortal Online too), I wouldn't be signing up.

I know a lot of other people who feel the same way.

That's all.

Farseer out.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    Even darkfall has safe NPC towns....
    Which were bitched about for ages. Safe NPC towns really aren't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Otto View Post
    This, this, a thousand times this.

I still play Mortal and all it is is e-peen wagging and the scum of the Earth trolling each other 24/7. Everyone except a select few is red and all the reds do is go about killing new players which has stunted the growth of the game's population. Do not give in to the short-sighted PvPers; they will kill this game just like they are doing to Mortal.

FFA PVP everywhere all the time will attract the cancer from Mortal once they finish beating the dead horse over there. That is the last thing this game needs.
    Sadly, from what I've heard, this stuff has been happening in Xsyon, too. Random people running around naked ganking using collector's edition weapons so they have no chance to lose anything.

You know people just want to grief when they don't really want to PvP, just to gank for rewards wih no risk.

Which were bitched about for ages. Safe NPC towns really aren't enough.

Sadly, from what I've heard, this stuff has been happening in Xsyon, too. Random people running around naked ganking using collector's edition weapons so they have no chance to lose anything.

You know people just want to grief when they don't really want to PvP, just to gank for rewards wih no risk.
    Alignment system is not on yet and its pre-launch beta game play.. alot of players just are bored and steal pants or someting.. do not mistake beta boredom whit actual launch game play. will random pvp killing happen, yup there will be but it will soon be much less after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    Alignment system is not on yet and its pre-launch beta game play.. alot of players just are bored and steal pants or someting.. do not mistake beta boredom whit actual launch game play. will random pvp killing happen, yup there will be but it will soon be much less after launch.
    Alignment systems don't really do anything unless it involves some pretty serious penalties to PKers.

@OP:
    Don't worry, this is not the first influx of Darkfall players (I mean the ganker type, not the honest players), and the lead developer never listened to them. He has a strong vision of the game and he sticks to it. Perhaps they might get an FFA PvP server with no safe zones, I support the idea. It shouldn't be an expensive hardware though, since it will get empty in 2 months anyway.

A good sandbox game has to be a mix of PvE, worldbuilding, politics, crafting and PvP. ...
    I basically agree with you, but I fear it's too late for significant changes to the PvP mechanic in Xsyon. I assume FFA PvP is here to stay.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for PVP - but there has to be a starter area/tutorial.

My first 10 minutes in the game consisted of me spawning in some area where there was no one - I went up a hill and begin crafting items to try to get the hang of the game, I was immediately ganked by some naked guy not 10 minutes into the game. There needs to be a safe zone for people who haven't played the game all beta long to actually learn how to play before getting screwed over.
    Someone in game mentioned that there were safe zones for tribes - but there was no tribe where i spawned in, no information about joining one or option to, no map, no compass, and apparently no way for a new player to actually learn the game, and join a tribe after they understand what the tribe is about/etc.

This is very simple, either you allow new players to get comfortable with controls, rules, crafting, politics, and fighting before throwing them to the wolves - or you are going to have to listen to people cry and whine all day and eventually just quit the game. Not that it would be a bad thing for whiners to quit, just that with no one to grief what will the pvpers do?