• Keep things the way they are now...No Fix

16 40.00%
  • Implement bound starter tools thatlast forever or degrade over time

14 35.00%
  • Create Hardcore Char re-roll Timer of 24 hours

10 25.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    Sorry, very bad idea. Just imagine the new player that comes into the game, gets ganked 5 minutes later losing his pants, tools and weapons. And you want to tell him he has to wait 24 hours before he can have another chance to play the game he just bought?

He can play with no pants. I want someone who cries off at the thought of losing some basic garbage tools to simply not log in again honestly. Those types never make it in FFA games.

So you want less people to play the game. You are briliant in your dullness. You need to play a single player game. That way, you can gank and grief, and no one will be upset about it, and you won't have anyone to listen to you whine and complain.

binding your starter tools is the way to go- however they should still breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by coca View Post
    You poll is flawed and your "solution" isn't yours... see the other threads with way more posts talking about this issue...

I've suggested making bound player tools that have 5-10 uses thats enough to get any new character on his feet and started in the game without it being a negative impact to pvpers.

this topic isn't worth discussing any longer.. I have solved the problem.
    It's obvious you've not tried your hand at toolcrafting. I was given 92 recipes in tha last go round and there were few I could actually make-I needed Pliers(didn't have) or I needed a Chisel(didn't have)or I needed wooden handles. There was no way I could make new starter tools.

An even easier solution it to just implement starter tool recipes that EVERYONE starts with, that require basic materials to make. (ie - rock, twigs, grass string) Which also have a limited number of uses before they have to be remade, allowing everyone access to starting recipes, without imposing restrictions on the player. This also means that no player starts with any tools other than their weapon choice, and should also minimize the "spawn camping" by the PKers.