• Keep things the way they are now...No Fix

16 40.00%
  • Implement bound starter tools thatlast forever or degrade over time

14 35.00%
  • Create Hardcore Char re-roll Timer of 24 hours

10 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Easy Fix to Starter Tool Exploit Without WoW Rules

I am def against anything being bound as this is a major downfall so let us again follow the steps of the best there ever was but a little more Hardcore.

Ultima Online had a 5 min timer on Char Reroll.

Xsyon could implement a 24 hour timer on Char Re-roll.

This will deter most out there as they will loose substantial Game time.

Opinions?

bound tools that decay faster imo

I'm not a huge fan of people rerolling a ton of times, but I voted to keep it the way it is.

The starter tools we get won't have much trade value, especially if decay comes in, but finding yourself lacking one particular tool can completely halt your progress. If someone needs to reroll a few times to get a few craft tools and a fishing pole, I can't really speak out against it. I don't think it's economy-breaking, and binding them or having super-long timers on rerolls is unnecessarily punitive to certain players. Larger tribes will be fine, as people can trade or exchange, but solos and smaller guilds could find their progress halted for lack of a saw or something.

I'm definitely against bound items, so at least we agree there.

Jookie has stated that there will be a timer on character deletion / recreation. It's just not activated atm due to more impending issues. I think the timer discussed was in the hour range or so. That should deter someone from rerolling multiple times just to stockpile tools.

Ah, that's disastrous then...I was thinking only in terms of starter tools, but as an architect, if you don't get a certain recipe at the beginning, you flat out aren't advancing. To the point that you're better off waiting the hour and trying again than continuing along with a gimped character.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom316 View Post
    Jookie has stated that there will be a timer on character deletion / recreation. It's just not activated atm due to more impending issues. I think the timer discussed was in the hour range or so. That should deter someone from rerolling multiple times just to stockpile tools.
    Ahh....i should have done more research....Appologies for not seeing that Jookie had stated this. Well i suppose there will not be many issues or people complaing once this is implemented.

The ability for people to reroll until they stock pile tools, or get what they want, is one of the only things that I genuinely dislike about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Ah, that's disastrous then...I was thinking only in terms of starter tools, but as an architect, if you don't get a certain recipe at the beginning, you flat out aren't advancing. To the point that you're better off waiting the hour and trying again than continuing along with a gimped character.
    As for the above...looks like there are a few probs with it being implemented so we will have time to get a few char rerolls in before implementation? That would not be so bad then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
    Ahh....i should have done more research....Appologies for not seeing that Jookie had stated this. Well i suppose there will not be many issues or people complaing once this is implemented.
    Its hard to find anything on these boards TBH. So alot of information gets lost along the way. And as he's said things do and will change. So who knows, if theres enough people that dont want it to be that way then it might not happen.

But if there isnt some type of re-roll timer then something else does need to come along. I dont exactly like seeing items made character bound but there has to be a way so that rerolling characters doesnt provide a benefit tool wise over someone that doesnt.

How exactly does having a few starter tools as bound(wow did not invent this concept btw) negatively effect the game world? Clear answer please. Right now, all it will do is prevent the reroll exploit. This is the easiest solution to the problem. Putting a timer on re-roll only hinders people who may have made a mistake, or maybe they didn't like what they chose etc.