Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How is the Skill Cap?

I admit I was shot down in another thread cause i didn't know about the skill cap

How does it work? I only have DF (no cap) and fallen earth (max points in a given skill are determined by stats) to compare with, if somebody would enlighten me -

Is there a max amount of the sum of total skill points?

Tbh i think no one has a clue. Would also know how it works

jooky, virtus, gimme info plz

This is no skill caps says right in the FAQ's...just sayin. There is softcaps but no ceiling caps. Just once you get soooooo high it will take longer to increase per point. That is all. Hope this helps you.

5. 02-23-2011, 10:54 AM

There is only a softcap. However, you will only be able ot get a few skills very high since it will take a lot of work. As you stop using skills the points in those skills will slowly drop. If you try to skill up everything you will only be able to do them all to a normal level, but nothing spectacular.

Yep.

The skills balance out because, if you want to get extremely high in one skill it will take a long time, during which your other skills will decay out of lack of use.

You will need dedicated crafters or should need them if you want very high quality weapons/armor You could be the best fighter in the world but you won't do much with a butter knife.

Quote Originally Posted by iraclear View Post
    I admit I was shot down in another thread cause i didn't know about the skill cap

How does it work? I only have DF (no cap) and fallen earth (max points in a given skill are determined by stats) to compare with, if somebody would enlighten me -

Is there a max amount of the sum of total skill points?
    you get a max amount of starter points to put into your base stats, so you can't be good at everything.

Also, if you stop doing something in game then you start to unlearn that skill.