Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pre-order Blade Speed???

Has anyone else noticed that the two pre-order blades swing much slower than other blades in the game? The swing animation appears to be 2x as slow on these two blades. Is this an intended feature (ie - all pre-order weapons are statistically the same w/ different skins) or is this a bug?

I would appreciate a response from someone in the know & not merely speculating. Thanks!

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

We did some testing with friends.
    Preorder blades does more dmg than normal blades but are like 2 times slower so dmg per second is probably very similiar.

Preorder blades have about same speed as other preorder weapons(clubs, axes) but do only around half the dmg.

So something is clearly broken here

I was under the impression all PO weapons were the same

all preorder weapons have a speed of 1, the knives have a speed of 0.7

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    I was under the impression all PO weapons were the same
    Yeah, they have the same attack speed. Problem is that preorder blades(mutilator and dissector) do only half the dmg that other PO weapons do.

The more combat orientated players will be watching this issue, as it will give a good indication of how pvp is prioritized in the future when balance and tweaks are required. Theres nothing worse than waiting months for a dev team to finally get around to correcting some imbalance.

Fix this please. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by notintime View Post
    Yeah, they have the same attack speed. Problem is that preorder blades(mutilator and dissector) do only half the dmg that other PO weapons do.
    Thats not the problem, the problem is that other PO weapons do more damage, the knives are the ones that actually work as intended i think.
    Either the other big dmg weapons need to get slowed down to 1.7 times the speed of thier crafted versions or they need a dmg reduce.

weapons should be on pair or less dmg then player made weapons. never ever higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavoda View Post
    the knives are the ones that actually work as intended i think.
    In matter of damage per second - yes. Preorder blades deal around 2 times more dmg than normal blades but are around 2 times slower. So in the end they do similiar DPS.
    But it looks a lil bit stupid when you attack with preorder blade - its slow as you were swinging with a big club or axe.

I hope they will balance it fast, cos ppl who have chosen preordered axe or clubs have big advantage both in pvp fights and in hunting animals.
    I killed around 20 animals with char using preorder clubs - 3-4 hits usually and fight was over, no animal took more than 40-50% of my health bar. Rerroled yesterday and picked preorder blade, went hunting and almost died few times as I needed a lot more time to take down every animal. Difference is very noticable.