Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
    Might as well go outside and chase the wind or something, would be more productive atm.
    I know you probably meant that as a joke, but if everyone would do that, the developers would have hard time fixing all these things. That's the whole point of beta testing.

Fallen earth..........................

You'll love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu View Post
    Im paying to do them a favour?
    You payed to pre-order the game.

Included in that deal is a two-week pre-launch. Niether of these has begun yet.

AS A FREE F****G BONUS you are in on the bug-testing phase. You cna use this time to learn the ins and outs of the game, giving you an advantage when the game launch starts.

So no, you are not paying them to do anything. You're doing them a favor helping test, which in turn does you a favor in that these bugs aren't present later. In addition you're getting the favor of learning the game.

Well, we haven't lost any paid gametime yet, so what is there to complain about again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    Well, we haven't lost any paid gametime yet, so what is there to complain about again ?
    You have to understand that some people may be more disgruntled than you if they have been waiting say for 9 or 6 months for a launch. Of course if you only just got here and still fresh a couple of week delay wont bother you. You may not feel like that if at christmas you are waiting for your 2 week head start to begin! You mak also get bored of testing by then too.

Now im not saying there is a problem as such cos as a lot of people say its expected with a development of this kind but just shedding some light on whey some people may get frustrated.

Edit: just looking back over who is complaining though and yeah, they havent been here long enough for what i just said to be relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurpitsa View Post
    I know you probably meant that as a joke, but if everyone would do that, the developers would have hard time fixing all these things. That's the whole point of beta testing.
    Yeah I was joking.

I have no problem giving them one more "launch". If that one breaks though, and we start this mess all over again, then as the saying goes - "Houston, we have a problem".

A lot of us are just somewhat baffled, because we played this game fine for weeks prior.

What is "baffling" to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
    What is "baffling" to you?
    whats baffling to me, is how when i bought the game it was for early access to launch. Turns out that it was for early access to Alpha.

Weve been down...what 12hrs now. The game has been 100% unplayable since i bought it. No word on when i will be able to play it. I dont care about getting extra free time in which i cannot play the game. I didnt buy the game to sit on the forum and discuss it, i paid to play it..in working condition.

You do understand some people bought early access to launch for a game that has been out since august right...and could understand that there was no mention that this game was in such a state.....would it have killed them to give some sort of heads up that it may not be ready for launch...hence the extra time?

Look beta early access was last weekend. Were now in Alpha since the basic structure of the game isnt ready. Beta is moving past that phase, fixing terrain issues such as getting stuck, tweaking things thing in the world ect.

Choke yourselves until launch day to pass the time. Worlds full of idiots. I'm going to pray for a giant comet to put a stop to all of this.

The server freezes.These definitely surfaced because of the lag, but they point to problems in the code that need to be fixed. Before yesterday we didn't have any server lockups for 2 months (with the exception of some guide commands that were used with incorrect parameters).
    Data corruption. This was caused by the server freezing up during the save process.
    (see above.)

I know these things sound like a pain, but the few problems that surfaced due to the severe lag must and will be corrected before we do the final wipe.
    This update focuses on additional error checking and data saving procedures to eliminate problems that surfaced over the weekend due to the heavy lag. I will be monitoring the server and restarting it throughout the night to run some tests.
    We tested problems with saved data throughout the night with a wipe and some forced crashes and rollbacks. We've identified a few problems that we're working on.
    Sounds to me like they thought it was ready to go, and unfortunately some issues came up that they are trying to deal with. I disagree that the "basic structure" of the game isn't ready.

There is an old saying, "the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray." I think you're probably smart enough to know what that means.