Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Evil

Turning Evil

Hello,

I have read about turning evil in a few threads. From what I gather, this means others can kill you w/o penalty and when you die you respawn back at your tribe area, instead of where your ghost is. That is all well and good.

My question is fourfold...

One, if someone attacks me outside of a tribe zones, and I defend myself and kill him, do I become evil?

Two, once I am evil, how do I know I am evil, is there some flag on your character somewhere?

Three, once evil, can I become good again? What if it was a mistake or a defending myself kill?

Four, how do I know if you are evil? Will there be something like in UO where the player is red vs blue vs gray?

1. I'd like to know myself

2. don't know

3. Yes, as far as I know, but it'll be hard.

4. Evil players will have red names, known evil players(marked as foes I guess) should have their name always visible(not sure about last part).

1. If you get attacked by a good or neutral player they will be flagged as evil or rogue and defending yourself will not penalize you, but it's not implemented yet.

2. Yes, but not implemented yet.

3. Not Sure

4. There will be a clue in their name tag, but not implemented yet.

What's to keep me from being an evil player and abusing the teleport on death. Say I murder, and loot your corpse. I then jump into the water knowing full well that you are a ghost who is waiting to kill me. Then I simply let you kill me in the water. I am unlootable and I will fast travel with all of your items back to my totem to start the cycle over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    What's to keep me from being an evil player and abusing the teleport on death. Say I murder, and loot your corpse. I then jump into the water knowing full well that you are a ghost who is waiting to kill me. Then I simply let you kill me in the water. I am unlootable and I will fast travel with all of your items back to my totem to start the cycle over again.
    Instant fast travel. I LOVE this, thanks for the idea.

Even if you don't kill em afterwards I can have a bear do it or just jump off of a few cliffs. This system is seriously flawed.

it's obviously an exploit and will be fixed at some point.

Death will result skill/stat loss (not implemented yet), so its not recommended to commit suicide

At some point doesn't really cut it. I've asked the guides if they plan to fix the unlootable swimming corpses and they said they don't know. I say following someone who killed you as a ghost and repeatedly attacking them is an exploit as well. Maybe unlootable swimmers are intended to combat angry ghosts.

Skill loss isn't really an issue to griefers. They will prey on weak gathererrs and crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Death will result skill/stat loss (not implemented yet), so its not recommended to commit suicide
    Link to that little tidbit of info please... I love that idea too, so when I kill the crafter, he not only gets pissed and loses some items to me, but I will be taking his stats and skills permanently also? This is getting better all the time.