View Poll Results: Should taming include a system like the one shown?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

5 18.52%
  • Maybe - See my post

3 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The only thing I worry about taming is that the pvp of the game turns out to be a "pet fest". This is especially with people being able to tame more than one pet, and even "stable" pets.

Each person has say 3 tamed grizzlie bears and simply go into pvp and say "attack this person". Tamer stands back and does nothing, no skill, no talent, just pure reward for grinding his ass off talking to animals. Add 5+ more tribal members with him and thats quite a few more animals added to the fray. I could easily see this being exploited and grievers REALLY making everyone cry by walking up to a city, sending in the clowns, PLAYER VS PLAYER DAMAGE is turned off in city, but no NON PLAYER CHARACTER damage option to turn off...see where im going with this?

Im incredibly optimistic about taming and hope it is implemented. Horses obviously need to be tamed for riding/mounted combat/transporting, others like dogs/coyotes for hunting/tracking, hell maybe even bears...but it could really make the game annoying if not done properly.

I would suggest being able to have multiple pets just only one out at any given time and the option to have it patrol tribal land. During this option the pet roams only tribal territory and only attacks people who enter tribal land not on tribal friends list. also a whistle command if you get attacked while pet is across tribal land to have it come running to help aid in case you are attacked while your pet is not in sight. As far as seting a patrol point no. Option 2 guard mode where pet follows you around and guards so far away from you to prevent a attacker from scalping you while you are gathering. but a low limit of how far the pet can patrol. Option 1 of pet guard Tricks the pet can be taught example knock down. When pet spots a bad person it will do a run and knock down attack doing no physical damage but knocking the attacker to the ground allowing you time to get in attack mode.

Hiding skill can play a roll if ones hide skill is high enough they can get past the guard pet mode and do there cheap shot they want to do. Also allowing the pet to have ability to be trained to have a perspective bar as well so you can train that pet to have a chance at spotting that person.

This is my thought on this.

Animals are tons of possabilities but need limits. You don't want a bird being able to kill a bear. So example:
    Fowl= Ability to scout sky return to0 play and point in the direction of the enemy.
    Bear= Ability to attack
    Dog: Ability to warn of near by danger with attack but not superior attack power.
    Horse mule'as=Ability to ride and haul equipment and bags mabe cart's in future if carts ever become a option.
    ETC so forth with every animal.