Armor crafting a joke?

Okay so me and a buddy got our toons decked out in armor. I had cloth he had leather... The stuff we had on wasn't just ranking stuff, but stuff that took lots of resources to create.

Point is my axe was still rocking his head, and his axe mine... it was like the armor did nothing. What is the point of wasting time and effort on crafting a set of armor and it doesn't even help you in battle. I just assume now to continue running around naked like everyone else.

hm, what do you expect?

Numbers? plus 5 cold damage, plus 3 to stamina or such things?

maybe armor is just for looking cool/lovely/amazing?

Do you wear your Jeans, cause it gives you +5 to fire resistance?

To be serious: I like it, as it is. Sure, a bit of advantage should exist, but if u hit a guy in a leather trouser it hurts as bad as he would wear a wool one....

Quote Originally Posted by Michse View Post
    hm, what do you expect?

Numbers? plus 5 cold damage, plus 3 to stamina or such things?

maybe armor is just for looking cool/lovely/amazing?

Do you wear your Jeans, cause it gives you +5 to fire resistance?

To be serious: I like it, as it is. Sure, a bit of advantage should exist, but if u hit a guy in a leather trouser it hurts as bad as he would wear a wool one....
    ok your just trolling

he didnt say +2 fire

He said armor dosnt do anything

its easy just add + armor points

this armor has 60 hitpoints for example or somthing like that.

You are wright, i was trolling a bit. More Hitpoints are a suggestions, that fits my "advantage".
    But, again, i realy like the way it is now, uncompleted sure, but the direction is good. Less Numbers and more "realistic" (if something in a virtual environment ever could be realistic).
    I hope that it will work in a way like:
    Bonecrafted Armor: you loose agility and your encumberance increases, but you earn hitpoints.
    Leathercrafted Stuff: you earn a bit hitpoints, a bit energy.
    Clothes: you get more agility and energy
    grass: most increase of energy and agility

ANd, of course, mix of the armor can decrease the negativ and increase the positive effects ... depending on your favorit playing style.

Don't thought it to an end, just an idea.

I realy dont like the way, armor and weapons are used in gear-driven big mmoprgs's like WAR, WoW or so. Every player runs thru different places to catch those xxx-imba-roxxor-armor, every char looks exactly like the other, cause all players want to wear the best stuff ingame.

Just let it increase decrease dmg migration and heavier armor drains more stamina when fighting and you cant run as fast, and the opposite with lighter

Anyone stop to think if jooky has thought about this and has more plans? Mabe just for now the start he did it like this for a reason. Game hasn't launched yet. But for some mystical reason people who are just now joining in on beta for past month and a half want to change every thing and game hasn't launched and hasn't gotten out of prelude yet.

It seems to me every one wants a full blown out 3 year all ready made mmo. If this is the case i would recommend you wait 3 years then come back. You might be surprised at what will be in by then.

There is massive potential here for some really cool armor implementation. It doesnt seem logical to me to make it completely basic. There should definitely be pros/cons to each type and be viable to use in game.

Maybe do crushing, slashing, piercing or similar type of resisting. If you were decked out in anti crushing type gear, the opponent hitting you with a club wouldnt do as much damage, but maybe more damage if he hit you with piercing.

Just adding HP seems like simply buffing to me, or applying a bandaid to temporarily fix the problem. Giving all types of armor sets a proper niche would make them valuable, thus helping the player driven economy.

No type should be trump of all, needs balance for sure. Example: if adding bows/arrows, make sure you have the gear to counter/resist it rather than just letting everyone run around with it being overpowered.