Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Effect of Fat: Food and Drink in Xsyon

Hello, I was wondering if anyone had done much testing on the effect of eating too much or not enough in Xsyon?

I believe I read in the Features that if you're food bar is empty too long/often you lose weight, and the opposite for full.

I theorize that when you're hungry you lose Energy from any task faster.

But what are the effects of being skinny/fat? Are they just cosmetic?

We also had a theory that skinny people have a smaller Food bar or that it drains/fills faster (ie higher metabolism), which could make sense from realism, balance, and customization standpoints.

Anyone tested or have any other ideas?

What about Thirst?

I remember seeing somewhere that eating when full would make you fat, but it wont let me eat when full or if a fish would bring me too far beyond capacity. Maybe I misunderstood the information or it was wrong...

Seems to me that when my food/drink are past half full I get tired slower.

Quote Originally Posted by mrziggz View Post
    I remember seeing somewhere that eating when full would make you fat, but it wont let me eat when full or if a fish would bring me too far beyond capacity. Maybe I misunderstood the information or it was wrong...

Seems to me that when my food/drink are past half full I get tired slower.
    perhaps we will see weight gain when cooking is introduced...food that fill you up better than fish but makes you a fatty.

I would assume that being fat would make your energy drain faster, havent tried it yet.

i dont think you gain or lose weight

According to the Xsyon manual, you should try to keep your hunger gauge at the halfway point. If it stays over the halfway point you will start gaining weight, and if it stays under the halfway point you'll start losing weight. I haven't played it yet, so have no clue how it actually works right now, but just got done reading the manual so thought I'd pass along what it said.

You also fail at crafting more when you are hungry and or thirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehroth View Post
    You also fail at crafting more when you are hungry and or thirsty.
    I hadn't thought about this but it makes alot of sense.

As for losing/gaining weight, weather or not that change is implemented, I'd still like to hear any theories on the effects of your weight/size.

I was going to make a suggestion in the forums as well that with too much hunger and thirst you would be more likely to come up with a "cold" that will lower your stats, or a "twisted ankle" that would obviously slow you down... of course those are just some quick examples but none the less.

It would make sense to me if being fat made your Fullness bar larger, and smaller for skinny.

What would this mean?

For the fatty: They can eat more food before becoming full. It takes longer to get to starving.

For the skinny: They can fill up with less food, but the bar will empty in less time.

Realistic imo, but still not sure what actual effects weight has.

I tested this by rolling a fat character. Currently, it has no effect on how much "fullness" you get from eating the same fish. Also has no effect on run speed or how much encumberance you get from items.