Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shotguns/Pistols/Muskets

I know that we will have bows & arrows ingame eventually, I'd like to see guns added as well for those that want ranged but not with a bow. We have metal we could make them with what we have. Maybe add them when mining becomes available.

Not sure if this changed or not. They did say that guns were not scheduled for the game. I dont understand this at all. This is supposed to be 2011, "MODERN DAY". I was hoping to see a gradual progression over the next couple of years. As time moved forward that eventually modern buildings, vehicles, weapons, armor and flight might occur as would in real life. Do you think that modern minded people would settle for just the basics? No. At some point, if the game does not progress to a more modern landscape and allow players to craft and engineer more complex and modern looking stuff, this game will die. No guns?? simply absurd.

1 year in RL = 9 year in xsyon

Xsyon called civilization mmorpg? :P(joke)

Modern vehicles and buildings? That is going overboard for sure.

But I know when I look at the concept art of this game I do see guns, and I liked what I saw. I think asking the devs to go from very primitive weapons and tools to modern or post modern technology is freaking nuts. It would take huge amounts of work to progress the entire game system like that, and I don't think it would deliver a better product in the end.

However I think some primitive firearms and explosives could really add to the game. Some of the people who survive will remember the recipe for gunpowder, its not that hard. I don't know it off the top of my head but I know it involves saltpeter and sulfur. I'm sure just that knowledge would really speed up its rediscovery. I think it would be crazy to not eventually implement firearms. I mean those mountain man trapper and civil war style outfits just aren't going to be as awesome if we are stuck fighting with axes and knives forever. I bought the trial to this game because it looks like ripe ground to forge and empire. I would like to start small then work into a more organized society that will have things like primitive firearms and maybe even sabers.

I think adding little technological breakthroughs to the game here and there will really enhance the feeling of belonging to an evolving world where you are building back up from nothing.

No gunzz plxx...

Sticks and stones!

Fun fact: A shotgun is 1700's was called a musketoon !
    We might get guns we might won't get guns.
    It is all about how we and the game evolve.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopibear View Post
    No gunzz plxx...

Sticks and stones!
    hmm yes a slingshot is a very good idea

Hate to say it, but im really hoping against firearms...

It sounds very optimistic, the way the combat mechanic is supposed to go, and guns would just ruin it. Think about it - EVERYONE would have them. Your chances of surviving an ambush would be slim to none. It would make all the player made weapons/armor useless. It would change the whole entire dynamic of the game even if guns/ammo were extremely hard to get. Id imagine that, if one had access to explosive materials, they would probably develop some type of grenade, right?

You would give up crafting of many things by making them irrelevant just to add crafting of firearms.

I love pvp and love guns...but its hard for me to say that sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvadore View Post
    Hate to say it, but im really hoping against firearms...

It sounds very optimistic, the way the combat mechanic is supposed to go, and guns would just ruin it. Think about it - EVERYONE would have them. Your chances of surviving an ambush would be slim to none. It would make all the player made weapons/armor useless. It would change the whole entire dynamic of the game even if guns/ammo were extremely hard to get. Id imagine that, if one had access to explosive materials, they would probably develop some type of grenade, right?

You would give up crafting of many things by making them irrelevant just to add crafting of firearms.

I love pvp and love guns...but its hard for me to say that sounds like a good idea.

Its a game, armor is armor no mather what weapon is used and how aswsome it be in rl. RPG..not FPS.
    Bows will be in, pistols could be in. magic will be in. considering the amount of I wana have a simple pistol suggestions I suspect we will see them at some point. either placed in game by Jordi's vision or by the supreme crafters
    Feature
    Characters achieving the Supreme Master level of craftsmanship work with the Xsyon team to introduce a crafted item of their own design.
    To me it reads: think of a Idea, if it fits the design we make it. could also mean get a unique version of a item that is already in the game recipe.. time will tell

Seriously, just like Chavoda said, just cause they eventually add some sort of ordinance doesn't mean it can't be balanced.
    The game is going to have ranged magic and you're worried about firearms? All of this can and will work. They just need time to test and work out issues, and they technically have all the time in the world. Remember, firearms take ammo and imagine ammo would be scarce.

I'm all for firearms, cannons, dynamite, and future technologies (ie: Model T vehicles, heck even bicycles) whenever we get around to that in the future. The game is supposed to evolve with the players so it can't stay in the Dark Ages forever. We're going to have to re-discover everything together again or choose not to. This will cause some interesting clashes between tribes that want to embrace technology and those that don't. Sounds fun to me...