Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Skylock, don't worry about junk piles- find the actual rare resources in the game and stockpile- people will be begging to give you their junk for what you have.

Do some exploring and research, you'll figure out the junk piles are not as valuable as most seem to think.

Also, when building your city- base on structures you can craft 100% of the materials yourself, like brick walls.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_vato View Post
    You should use more emoticons in your next post.
    It is hard to find the right momment for ^^ and ^_^ but It hink so far ^_^ is my trademark lol.
    however, thank you for taking notice.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    Also, when building your city- base on structures you can craft 100% of the materials yourself, like brick walls.
    I agree +1

Ya junk may be all the rage now, it'll be interesting to see how many people are screwed when we need the next level of mats.

So... ya it's probably better that there aren't junk piles every 100 yards.

Also, we still don't know if junk piles will be magically replenished when the tiles are exhausted. So it's entirely possible that all junk piles will be converted to dirt mounds after a few months.

If you would actually take the time to explore a little more, you'll find hidden junk piles up in the mountains. Shit, I must have found 20 or 30 by now throughout my travels in game.

You even get far more leather from the scrap piles than you do from actually skinning animals, thats wrong imo at least make hunting viable for something apart from bones.

Junkpiles will be important yes but the tribes in the mountains will have an advantage I think. Wildlife will more then likely be more abundant in the mountains, rare resources can be mined from the mountains like quartz which I am sure will have an important role in the game in the use of magic and other things. Honestly you just cant have it all on a silver plater, somethings you will have, somethings you will not. Im sure that junkpiles will have some sort of negative buff added to them or should have. Junk piles should also void the land of growth and poison nearby water supplies, killing fish and wildlife? Something could also be added to where if you dig in a spot and you can find a junkpile. If you look at it though, the junk piles are aligned to where towns once were so having them in the wilderness would just be plain silly and inaccurate.

Have you seen the lands to the far east? I ventured there and with my draw distance maxed on my card, theres a whole city just beyond the green mist and it spans the entire mountain range. This is actually Carson City, if you look on Google Earth it can guide you to what towns will be nearby (in which there will be junk piles).

There's tons of junkpiles out in the fog, if there truly is no suitable land left to build on I'm sure the devs will remove some of the fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Also, we still don't know if junk piles will be magically replenished when the tiles are exhausted. So it's entirely possible that all junk piles will be converted to dirt mounds after a few months.
    if it's anything like beta, try a few days.