Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    Aya Aya Sir, however for my group we've found a Junk Pile no one has taken for the last week after the wipes we waited and watched ^_^ just to make sure.
    There is no such thing as a junk pile not taken. Your totem now stands about 3 meters from where my totem stood 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylock View Post
    I really am frustrated with how overwhelmingly important junk piles have become in the game. ...
    It really is no problem with the junk piles. It makes sense that they are where they are.

The problem is that there is no other resource of value than the ones from a junk pile. Maybe that all changes over the months but as of now if you're living in the mountains (I currently do) you have nothing that people near junk piles would want. You just have no trade goods. Bones, leather, fur etc. are easier to find on a junk pile than in the mountains, the only other resource in the mountains is chalk and demand for chalk is very, very low.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsa View Post
    It really is no problem with the junk piles. It makes sense that they are where they are.

The problem is that there is no other resource of value than the ones from a junk pile. Maybe that all changes over the months but as of now if you're living in the mountains (I currently do) you have nothing that people near junk piles would want. You just have no trade goods. Bones, leather, fur etc. are easier to find on a junk pile than in the mountains, the only other resource in the mountains is chalk and demand for chalk is very, very low.
    i agree i mentioned earlier about leather and i have talked to a guide in game about it too. Whats the point in hunting for leather when u can pull stacks of 4/5 a time of a scrap pile every few minutes where each animal you hunt may give 1.

its not that people have an issue with scrap piles completly its just when they make other gameplay options not viable.

There are plenty of spots in this game, you just have to venture out and up.
    Did you even head up into the mountains? or was you still in the same zone as the starter spawn site?

Quote Originally Posted by pluzoid View Post
    There are plenty of spots in this game, you just have to venture out and up.
    Did you even head up into the mountains? or was you still in the same zone as the starter spawn site?
    It might seem at the moment like there are plently of spots but thats partly because the majority of people are not playing right now. There have been wipes and roll backs very frequently and so you may find a spot with no totem on it but a couple of days before there probably was.

Im not saying there are NO places left but after launch we will find fairly quickly that they are taken. Some resources would be better sourced from other places to increase the amount of choice (which jooky refers to a lot) when deciding your play style. As i said before hunting for leather for example is pointless when its easier to get from a scrap pile.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    As i said before hunting for leather for example is pointless when its easier to get from a scrap pile.
    I haven't done any resource gathering since beta- now that they have quality ratings on things, do the scrap piles leather have a quality rating?

My best guess would be that scrap piles quality of leather would be less than the quality of leather obtained from hunting, if it's not then it should be.

This would make your leather worth a lot more, and trust me finding bones from animals is much harder around the lake than it is from the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    My best guess would be that scrap piles quality of leather would be less than the quality of leather obtained from hunting.
    If thats true then great i may test it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrakisTheDragon View Post
    Have you seen the lands to the far east?

You will only find misery and death... Muhahahahahahahah!

If you are having trouble finding junk pikes you must be blind. They are literally all over the place.

Hey Furanku, can you tell me what zone your starting in so I don't have to see that dumb face on local chat all day?