Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

THe problem with junk piles

I really am frustrated with how overwhelmingly important junk piles have become in the game. Without having access to a junk pile near you, you are borderline unable to craft from any of the professions or to do anything effectively. This wouldn't bother me so much, but because the junk piles are located in areas that used to be actual places there is a HUGE portion of the map that is near inaccessible because there are no junk piles within walking distance. If I could have my tribe mine and grow cotton and be able to retrieve the resources necessary without using junk piles, I would. These things are not implemented yet and I understand that they are being worked on. But, my issue here is that when launch comes, there will be a massive land grab for the spots that have junk on them, after that what do we do? What are the players that purchase the game and start on March 15th going to do when most of the junk pile land masses are taken and they are forced to setup tribes in the mountains where one can't get access to a junk pile without walking for 10 minutes? The only real solution I can find to this is to have junk piles scattered about the map so that tribes can be built anywhere in the lush land you've developed. Unfortunately, until the resource gathering abilities are implemented in game, I cannot think of any other solution. This issue really worries me, I see grave potential for the game to turn into nothing but the PvP death match clamored about on the forums because every tribe has to cluster around the few junk pile centers or not be able to craft barely anything.

start earlier and hope?

Our tribe is nowhere near any junk pile.

I guess all we can do is loot finished good off people who are near them =(

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    Our tribe is nowhere near any junk pile.

I guess all we can do is loot finished good off people who are near them =(
    Aya Aya Sir, however for my group we've found a Junk Pile no one has taken for the last week after the wipes we waited and watched ^_^ just to make sure.

I would not be so sure of that furanku, especially with that link in your sig showing how to get to your own base camp. Reap what you sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorakin View Post
    I would not be so sure of that furanku, especially with that link in your sig showing how to get to your own base camp. Reap what you sow.
    It's alll Apart of my Master Plan man ^_^ That junk pile is my hunting ground ^_^

P.s. anyone else who watches it ^_^ please come visit VERYYYYyyyyy sooon with loads of stuff.

I was there earlier popping a squat on your totem and sizing up your junk pile.

pretty sure hes the kind of guy that sleeps with his front door open inorder to invite intruders...might want to be careful about squatting there...

ook? If you are talkinga bout the one in the video, there are 3 other piles located nearby of it ^_^ that is the base camp ^_^. But hey ^_^ You must know what I am thinking. Yar rock yo

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    It's alll Apart of my Master Plan man ^_^ That junk pile is my hunting ground ^_^

P.s. anyone else who watches it ^_^ please come visit VERYYYYyyyyy sooon with loads of stuff.
    You should use more emoticons in your next post.