Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    What's the problem with this again?

I guess one could just camp the starter area and kill other peolpe's toons for starting tools. Would that be better?
    Just make starter tools non lootable and put a 24h timer pn creating new characters. We might actually get some interaction and trade then.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Just make starter tools non lootable and put a 24h timer pn creating new characters. We might actually get some interaction and trade then.
    This would work fine ( i know i have said this before but )
    Alot of times when you roll your toon you get crap recipes and even missing a tool, so in order to get a good start sometimes you have to reroll a few times until you are happy, putting a timer on reroll would prevent that from happening as well, and who wants to be a fisherman without a fishing pole, or a basketry weaver without being able to make a freakin basket

Although i do agree, something should be done about starter tool rerolling and hoarding starter tools

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    This would work fine ( i know i have said this before but )
    Alot of times when you roll your toon you get crap recipes and even missing a tool, so in order to get a good start sometimes you have to reroll a few times until you are happy, putting a timer on reroll would prevent that from happening as well, and who wants to be a fisherman without a fishing pole, or a basketry weaver without being able to make a freakin basket

Although i do agree, something should be done about starter tool rerolling and hoarding starter tools
    I know what you;re saying but the answer isnt to get people to keep re rolling. The answer is for problem of random recipies throwing up combinations that are not viable to be fixed by the devs. Luckily this should be happenening at some point, i have PM's xsyon about it in the past when i started with a set of recipies which i could complete none of because my tools were not right. He said they would be looking at this issue over the coming months.

Fix the cause of the problem rather than just reacting to it i suppose im saying

If you can't be bothered to make these tools and choose this method to get them quickly, why oh why are you playing this game? Set yourself a challenge for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    If you can't be bothered to make these tools and choose this method to get them quickly, why or why are you playing this game? Set yourself a challenge for a change.
    /agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    /agree 100%
    yep me too but unfortunately people do and then the next person feels like they're at a dsiadvantage and so does the same and so on. Just fix the cause of the problem and we'll be fine. Just to make it clear though i play solo and have never rerolled for recipies or tools and i wont after final final wipe.

Starting tools being non-lootable is a good idea, however, they still need to be tradeable. I have loaned a knife to someone for a little bit so that they could do a bit of crafting. I have given someone my starter fishing pole because I was able to make an "anglers rod" and didn't need my starter one any longer. Starter tools be tradeable is the base point to begin trading with others.

24h reroll is a bad idea, like many have already stated, I reroll a few times to find that set of tool recipes that I know work well and that others will need early on in the game. I don't think that this practice goes against the lore or heart of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Honelith View Post
    If you can't be bothered to make these tools and choose this method to get them quickly, why oh why are you playing this game? Set yourself a challenge for a change.
    How do you make them? I looked at toolcraft, it didn't have anything like an axe or a fishing pole. If I don't want to kill people or use this method, how am I suppose to get started without forced to take certain crafting skills?

Xsyon Citizen
    I can't see the point in wanting everything straight away. I've rerolled whenever the server has wiped, and had varying success with the recipes provided, however, by working through what I could make, I have at worst been constrained over a lack of storage, and over time, become self sufficient, or found other players to trade with.
    There are people willing enough to exchange a tool for another, or for some recipes, or some nice bits of scavenged 'shiny stuff'

My take on it, and it is purely for me, each to their own, is that it's like cheating at golf, where's the satisfaction in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Boojie View Post
    ... My take on it, and it is purely for me, each to their own, is that it's like cheating at golf, where's the satisfaction in that?
    Of course I agree with you, but then, this is a PvP game and (with my apologies to the honest PvPers, I know you exist) any PvP game attracts a certain type of player that uses every cheat and exploit they can find.

Yes, it's cheating, they call it "smart use of game mechanics". Frequently it's people that do not find enjoyment in playing but find enjoyment in winning instead.