Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Look guys, i have said this before i know but the situation as it is now is not perfect, of course a system where people feel the need to re roll characters to get a viable build cant be perfect. But, i have PM'd Jooky about this a little while ago when the tools i was given were no good for any of the recipies i got.

He acknowledged that at the moment is purely based on luck but he was looking at changing that system soon after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Look guys, i have said this before i know but the situation as it is now is not perfect, of course a system where people feel the need to re roll characters to get a viable build cant be perfect. But, i have PM'd Jooky about this a little while ago when the tools i was given were no good for any of the recipies i got.

He acknowledged that at the moment is purely based on luck but he was looking at changing that system soon after launch.
    Soon after is a little late, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taruna View Post
    Soon after is a little late, isn't it?
    Well yeah but a lot of things are supposed be happeneing soon after launch we just have to deal with it and try to enjoy the game for what it is until then

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Just make starter tools non lootable and put a 24h timer pn creating new characters. We might actually get some interaction and trade then.
    Totally agree.....24h on new characters......easy fix

Man.. oh man.

Someone said that the people that don't care are the one in large guilds? I'm solo and I don't care. I'll be making my tools (without toolcrafting as a starter) and will have spares for when those that do this break all of theirs and don't have spares. I would agree that that it would be slightly more "fair" to reject the ability to exploit the character creation system (this is exploitation...), but making people wait hours to re-roll is a bad decision. Re-rolling is fine, gathering all of the tools via re-rolling is actually an exploit.

You need to re-roll to find the best combination of what you want. It does not matter what you choose at the beginning. You shouldn't be looking at short-term character goals, but LONG-TERM goals. If you look at the short term (picking a combo that gives 3 knives for example) you will be at a disadvantage. My character choice has SO MANY tools at the beginning and so many recipes available to him. I did do a lot of testing to find out what I wanted, but I realized that with the decay system soon to be in place, what I choose at the start (besides stats) does not matter. If you pick a set of options that will not allow you to craft or fight, you can not play solo. It's as simple as that. It makes sense.

It seems to me that if the DEV team wants to abolish this exploit they can. It would require that starter items be identified as starter items and as such are not tradable. Or that starter items are identified as starter items and the original owner of the starter item is recorded. If the original owner is deleted then so is the starter item. Of course that means I could make some early trades, realise that I hate the toon I've created and the delete the toon a few hours or days later and thus ninja delete their items. *shrugs* I like the exploit better