Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tribes and their surrounding areas

I know this isn't darkfall, and I don't want to get into a discussion about that conept either, however there is something very similar that I can see happening in this game.

Darkfall has player controlled cities and hamlets that act kind of like settlements and tribes in Xsyon.

In Darkfall usually the harder higher tier mobs are around the player cities, and if you are not in the clan that owns these areas you are pretty much KOS. The attitude is either that you are with us or against us, and also to protect the resources in the area from everyone else trying to use them, including mobs is why clans don't want just anyone roaming through their area.

Xsyon will allow tribes to have non-tribe members picking up quests from the tribes totem if the tribe allows it.

I wonder how many tribes will actually allow this, or kill people on sight if they are not in their tribe.

My opinion is that at first tribes will be open to allowing non-members in their area, however I think tribes will start to realize that it will be easier to protect the resources in their area by running off non-tribal members.

One of the reasons for this i think is that when the world update system is turned on trees will not grow back in the same spot if the stump is removed. It will be hard to police stuff like this when the people in your area are not part of your tribe and forced to listen to the tribes rules.

Some may say that there is going to be the ability to have laws, however laws are not always followed.

Just curious about what the other tribes thoughts are on this.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    I know this isn't darkfall, and I don't want to get into a discussion about that conept either, however there is something very similar that I can see happening in this game.

Darkfall has player controlled cities and hamlets that act kind of like settlements and tribes in Xsyon.

In Darkfall usually the harder higher tier mobs are around the player cities, and if you are not in the clan that owns these areas you are pretty much KOS. The attitude is either that you are with us or against us, and also to protect the resources in the area from everyone else trying to use them, including mobs is why clans don't want just anyone roaming through their area.

Xsyon will allow tribes to have non-tribe members picking up quests from the tribes totem if the tribe allows it.

I wonder how many tribes will actually allow this, or kill people on sight if they are not in their tribe.

The law system will be interesting though i just hope its worthwhile.

My opinion is that at first tribes will be open to allowing non-members in their area, however I think tribes will start to realize that it will be easier to protect the resources in their area by running off non-tribal members.

One of the reasons for this i think is that when the world update system is turned on trees will not grow back in the same spot if the stump is removed. It will be hard to police stuff like this when the people in your area are not part of your tribe and forced to listen to the tribes rules.

Some may say that there is going to be the ability to have laws, however laws are not always followed.

Just curious about what the other tribes thoughts are on this.
    I think it will just depend on the tribes mentality somewhat. One difference here so far as opposed to DF is the vairiety of playstyles. Yes, some tribes will be isolationist and warlike maybe but there are plently of others that welcome strangers on to theor land as long as they are behaving themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    ... as long as they are behaving themselves!
    that's the key, behaving themselves - it only takes a few people to ruin things, when darkfall first came out there were several clans that tried to be neutral but it didn't last long.

I suppose in a way we wont know until we get in and game naturally evolves. Itll be what itll be if its a real sandbox if you know what i mean.

Good/neutral tribes can only KOS evil players otherwise they turn into evil. If a player try to gather in a tribe area he will be flagged for thieving and can be killed without consequences. So I guess good tribes won't run off non-tribal members without a reason, they will only be killed if they try to steal. This way it will be safe to pick quests at good/neutral tribes' totems, and still the tribes can protect their resources.

Hm on the other hand, maybe some tribes want people to enter their lands, visit their settlements, buy their booze and foods, hit up the market, etc, etc

I expect it to be very aggressive to begin with as tribes protect local resources.

Its likely the questing system will simply be used in the tribe itself as an easy way to request items for various crafting projects.

I really do not see people going far to another tribe to do a quest because someone has offered a quest reward item worth more than the item requested for the quest.

something to ponder, pieces of that pie should come together fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    someone has offered a quest reward item worth more than the item requested for the quest.
    Watch out for that someone hiding in the bushes outside his own safezone, with a sharp pointy stick?

I think the fact that the quest system benefits both the "questor" and the quest creator will help to keep tribes open to guests. This is from the FAQ:

"Players will be able to create quests at a totem. They will be required to add a reward to the quest. When a player accepts a quest, he must come back to the totem to submit objects collected or claim quest completion. There will be timers sets on quests so that if a player that accepts the quest does not complete it with the alloted time, another player can accept the quest. The quest creator will be allowed to cancel a quest and retrieve reward items if the quest is not currently taken by another player.

Both the creator and the questor will receive experience for a completed quest. This will entice players to both create and complete quests. You will get more experience by completing quests created by other tribes."