Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Evil

i saw somewhere else that people were talking about anyone who is evil losing stats and skills on death permanatly.....is this true?

So if i choose an evil tribe i choose permanat stat and skill losses upon death....what is that shit?

Perhaps good alignment players should permantly lose stats and skills upon failing a crafted item....

In an old thread about alignment system and PvP Jooky stated there will be stat and skill loss as death penalty, he didn't specify it will be only evil players that will loose them.

The whole labeling of good and evil is complete BS anyway. "Good" clans will do horrible things as long as it doesn't lower their rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    Death will result skill/stat loss (not implemented yet), so its not recommended to commit suicide
    I think that came out of your ass -_- but I'd love to see that information.

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    i saw somewhere else that people were talking about anyone who is evil losing stats and skills on death permanatly.....is this true?

So if i choose an evil tribe i choose permanat stat and skill losses upon death....what is that shit?

Perhaps good alignment players should permantly lose stats and skills upon failing a crafted item....

To be honest I think that would be a good idea, Back in Ultima Online we had a color system (racist I know). The system was Blue (Good), Grey (Criminal) and Red (Murder) and how the system worked is that all major cities were under "guards" so Greys and Red would get "Guard Wacked" and cause instant death. However, at one solid time when you were red it would cuase your stats to decrease the more and more you get killed. However the shut that system off since the game didn't have the same type of revivial system as this. But it might be a nice way to pervent PVP in a way but, I doubt it will really stop anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post

To be honest I think that would be a good idea, Back in Ultima Online we had a color system (racist I know). The system was Blue (Good), Grey (Criminal) and Red (Murder) and how the system worked is that all major cities were under "guards" so Greys and Red would get "Guard Wacked" and cause instant death. However, at one solid time when you were red it would cuase your stats to decrease the more and more you get killed. However the shut that system off since the game didn't have the same type of revivial system as this. But it might be a nice way to pervent PVP in a way but, I doubt it will really stop anyone.
    Here you go

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    A few people have posted questions regarding PVP and death in Xsyon. I will explain the system a little more.

PVP is open, but it has severe consequences.

In the Prelude:

Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.

But its suppose to be the apocolypse...theres no laws to break, no body of law in which to label you as a murderer, and no way to tell if that guy on the horizon is good or evil. I like it that way, its all a big surprise.

If evil aligned players get permanat stat nerfs good aligned should do the same for crafting failures. Unless the developers are activly seeking to force players to be good in a sandbox.

I wont be interested in a game that tries to prevent pvp though means other than the community trying to self enforce. I know many would want me to leave anyway, but at this point im starting to think the community should just be happy people are in fact sticking with the game, at least if they want it to last very long.

implementation of some type of npc guards (at some point) would be nice...

THen if you're setting up your handy dandy super craftomallofallkindsofstuff you can post some guards at the entrance.

while this would not deter an enemy focused on your destruction, it would help alleviate the one off ganker.

shadowbane had thriving merchant cities, completely player built, run, and defended...roaming guards helped keep the riff raff at bay (basically if you become a nuissance you got banned fromt he city and the guards kos'd you).

we're not talking super storm trooper guards here, but npcs that are about as strong as a player who would attack interlopers and shout warnings of their arrival so that the protected populace at least had an alarm to store their goodies and prepare to scalp somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by byrgar View Post
    Thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    implementation of some type of npc guards (at some point) would be nice...

THen if you're setting up your handy dandy super craftomallofallkindsofstuff you can post some guards at the entrance.

while this would not deter an enemy focused on your destruction, it would help alleviate the one off ganker.

shadowbane had thriving merchant cities, completely player built, run, and defended...roaming guards helped keep the riff raff at bay (basically if you become a nuissance you got banned fromt he city and the guards kos'd you).

we're not talking super storm trooper guards here, but npcs that are about as strong as a player who would attack interlopers and shout warnings of their arrival so that the protected populace at least had an alarm to store their goodies and prepare to scalp somebody.

That would be player driven in this game not NPC driven but yeah it would be over all interesting how players attempt to prevent ^_^ raids.

There you go:
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ules/page2/#16

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...-and-Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fflhktsn View Post
    But its suppose to be the apocolypse...theres no laws to break, no body of law in which to label you as a murderer, and no way to tell if that guy on the horizon is good or evil. I like it that way, its all a big surprise.

If evil aligned players get permanat stat nerfs good aligned should do the same for crafting failures. Unless the developers are activly seeking to force players to be good in a sandbox.

I wont be interested in a game that tries to prevent pvp though means other than the community trying to self enforce. I know many would want me to leave anyway, but at this point im starting to think the community should just be happy people are in fact sticking with the game, at least if they want it to last very long.
    If you feel like this I have no idea why did you buy the game. It was told it has safe zones, sever consequences for being evil, and griefing/ganking won't be allowed. The devs want to keep the 80% of the players good/neutral and like 20% evil. So yes, they are trying to force them to be good.

Did you read the feature list and the FAQ before you bought it ?