Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Dubanka View Post
    implementation of some type of npc guards (at some point) would be nice...
    Negative.

Then they really need to not advertise this as a sandbox game because sandbox should be about player politics and policing not developer instigated punishments for playing the way you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot View Post
    Negative.
    why not? as long as they are not super guards, and have a limit on their number, it's just another mob.

when they pull the safety switch on homesteads, the ability to have something to give you some warning when you've got company would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontaze_Mebro View Post
    Then they really need to not advertise this as a sandbox game because sandbox should be about player politics and policing not developer instigated punishments for playing the way you want.
    if there are penalties for death, they should go across allignment lines...i mean dying is dying right?

I don't even mind a temporary stat drop for 'evil' death...5 minutes? 10? but permanent stat drops meh.

how the devs handle this balance will really determine how this game plays out.

*hint* how much pve market share is there actually left to grab? how much pvp focused market share is out there and untapped?

Um.. just to ask you understand what SANDBOX STYLE is right?...

We really are just going to see how this alignment system works before anymore speculation is made. Most games you aren't permanently evil so people will do bad things then make up for it to become good again. Which in my opinion makes them more evil than the dedicated evil players.

Could you show me the advertisment that describes xsyon as a sandbox in the first place. There is no mention of it on the home page or features list. Besides as far as im aware they have not advertised this game yet at all.

One thing that Jooky (xsyon) has always made clear and its mentioned on many of his posts is that he does not want pvp to be the focus of this game and he will make design decisions to ensure that doesnt happen. Just read well before you buy is all i can.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    Could you show me the advertisment that describes xsyon as a sandbox in the first place. There is no mention of it on the home page or features list. Besides as far as im aware they have not advertised this game yet at all.
    I think the entire internet may have a big misconception of this game then...
    http://www.google.com/search?source=...d8439716407a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    Instant fast travel. I LOVE this, thanks for the idea.
    It's called "Bloodgating." The idea's been around since 2002 in DaoC.

Quote Originally Posted by bruisie159 View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...syon-question/

Check the interview with Massively from Jan this year, the interviewer refers to Xsyon as a sandbox a few times, and Jooky does not correct him in anyway, therefore, it has been described as a sandbox.

but you can nitpick and claim otherwise if you want.

as the debates here show just because the internet says it is doesnt make it so. DF was also described as a sandbox by the internet generally as was MO. I suppose more to the point is as far im aware there is no generally accepted definition of what as sandbox game really is but thats a different argument altogther.