Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    I am sure when it comes back, all will be fixed and candy will rain from the sky
    Screenshot or it didn't happen.

Y'all need to chill. Read a book or something. Or get some sleep, since none of us will be sleeping once the game goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunt View Post
    Please, put me out of my misery. Take all the time you need, but can you give us an "idea" of when you will be back up? This morning, this afternoon, this evening, definitely not today, but maybe tomorrow, Monday, etc. etc.

I have the next three days off work and want to play so I am hanging around the house, but if I knew that the game was not gonna be up today, then I will go become a productive citizen of society and get something done.

Please, just as idea. And again, I stress, take all the time you need to fix things.
    as a proffesional developer myself I can say the answer to your question is no.
    When we say 'until futher notice' etc its because we have zero idea and its very much the honest truth. I have had things that appeared to be a simple fix end up exposing unknown bugs which then lasted into a few months of re-work. I have also had things that were predicted to take months only take a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by FabricSoftener View Post
    as a proffesional developer myself I can say the answer to your question is no.
    When we say 'until futher notice' etc its because we have zero idea and its very much the honest truth. I have had things that appeared to be a simple fix end up exposing unknown bugs which then lasted into a few months of re-work. I have also had things that were predicted to take months only take a few hours.
    1. I lawl at your username ^_^

2. As a Lead Designer myself, I must agree. You can never give an honest deadly line because when you are fixing code "shit can happen" as we say. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    1. I lawl at your username ^_^

2. As a Lead Designer myself, I must agree. You can never give an honest deadly line because when you are fixing code "shit can happen" as we say. ^_^
    thanks

the thing is he said 'we need to look at the data'. Its like asking your doctor how long the operation will be before he even gets blood work back to know if you have a problem in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Phayz View Post
    I am sure when it comes back, all will be fixed and candy will rain from the sky
    It is either back up or someone threw a skittle at the back of my head.

thanks

the thing is he said 'we need to look at the data'. Its like asking your doctor how long the operation will be before he even gets blood work back to know if you have a problem in the first place.
    What Engine you use?

I use CryEngine 3 for Development.

Quote Originally Posted by furanku View Post
    What Engine you use?

I use CryEngine 3 for Development.
    I am a business apps developer so .Net and SQL. Spend most of my time in SQL

I am a business apps developer so .Net and SQL. Spend most of my time in SQL
    I can't do well with SQL sometimes, but ah cool on that ^_^ I am Game Development. Coding is really a bitch and can be sometimes too much. Business apps must be the same.

i use qbasic for development